cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Ollo 9 Days post BK7 Discharge!

tag
Stepane
Established Member

Approved for Ollo 9 Days post BK7 Discharge!

Thought I'd share this one, just for a nice reference point...

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed: 3/22/2019

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Discharged: 7/8/2019

I didn't reaffirm either car financed through Toyota, though I do still pay on the cars. They're still reporting to EX too! I didn't affirm my home (paying for that too).

My Kohls card appears to have survived the entire thing, though I'm afraid they'll catch the error and close it, thus doing away with my whole 30% off coupon before I receive my replacement card (shredded the old one when I thought they'd close it).

Today's official FICO scores are: 

Transunion: 599

Equifax: 626

Experian: 611

I was checking out Credit Karma as I'm using this as one of my tools to monitor my progress. By the way, their scores are super inflated compared to the actual scores. I guess that's pretty much common knowledge though. 

In any event, I noticed a pre-approval for the Ollo Platinum Mastercard. I was cautious, because I didn't want a fruitless inquiry, but I'd like to boost my FICOs a bit. All of my tools say that being approved for a card can increase scores. Experian said it could raise me from 611-643. I took the chance and applied. I was approved with a SL of $1,100. 

Capital One still wont pre-qual me for anything, though I did burn them for like $650 or something, so that's understandable.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jmos
Regular Contributor

Re: Approved for Ollo 9 Days post BK7 Discharge!

Congrats on your OLLO approval and the start of your rebuld. Ollo is a good card that will also grow.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Use it wisely, please!

Message 3 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats. Guess they use CK now to get customers.

Message 4 of 7
Stepane
Established Member

That's awesome news! Thanks! I was just glad it didn't have any crazy fees!

Message 5 of 7
Stepane
Established Member

Yes! I'm in a much better position financially than I was when all of my prior debt started. I knew that continuing to spin my wheels was going to be an effort in futility for my prior debt, but I am in a much better position to avoid it in the first place now. Honestly, the only reason I even applied is because I'd like to trade in my car for one that's not black on black. I'd like to lease with Toyota for a few years and could use the credit boost from the card. 

Message 6 of 7
krev1205

Congratulations! I have had Ollo for few months now and loving the no hidden fees part. Customer service has been excellent as well! 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.