Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for a WM CC! Question...?

tag
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

Approved for a WM CC! Question...?

I can't believe it! Only a $400 CL, but I will take it! We got a $500 secured card from our bank in April and a $1000 secured loan at the same time. Is there a way I can add my husband as a user or add him an joint payer? Will this help his credit score improve or should I try for a card in his name?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for a WM CC! Question...?

How far out of bk are you?  I have no idea if WM accepts authorized users, but you can call and see.  The backdoor numbers are a sticky in the credit card forum.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 2 of 11
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

@starry1 wrote:

How far out of bk are you?  I have no idea if WM accepts authorized users, but you can call and see.  The backdoor numbers are a sticky in the credit card forum.

We were discharged Feb 2012. We just recently started building credit though. So, after I posted here, I decided to apply for a card for my husband too and he was also approved. I haven't checked our scores since we cleaned up our report some and since the secured card & loan started reporrting. I wonder if our scores have gone up? I plan to check the begiining of July.

Message 3 of 11
ButterflyT
Established Member

@JMMD wrote:

@starry1 wrote:

We were discharged Feb 2012. We just recently started building credit though. So, after I posted here, I decided to apply for a card for my husband too and he was also approved. I haven't checked our scores since we cleaned up our report some and since the secured card & loan started reporrting. I wonder if our scores have gone up? I plan to check the begiining of July.

Congrats...the good thing about the WM card is it give you your Fico Score, fyi

The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the CHEESE!! lol

Starting Score: 614 (Credit Karma), 640 (TU Fico), 614 (TU via Merrick) as of 5/31/2013
Current Score: 597 (Credit Karma), 621 (TU Fico), 607 (TU via Merrick) as of 8/23/2013 !!!! annoyed
Goal Score: 800+

In My Wallet:RBFCU MC $2.5K/Target $2K/Amazon $1.3K/HB $900/C1Plat $750/Merrick $700/MS $550/ WM $500/C1CR $500 & Various Store Cards
Message 4 of 11
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

@ButterflyT wrote:

@JMMD wrote:

@starry1 wrote:

Is that a monthly thing where I can see the fico score? That would be GREAT!

Message 5 of 11
qd
Regular Contributor

I was added as authorized user on a walmart discover card and it helped my AAoA a lot as well as utilization as it was a card with limit of 9K and balance of 0 and it was about 8 years old or so. 

Message 6 of 11
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

@qd wrote:

I was added as authorized user on a walmart discover card and it helped my AAoA a lot as well as utilization as it was a card with limit of 9K and balance of 0 and it was about 8 years old or so. 

Thanks! This is good to know.

Message 7 of 11
ButterflyT
Established Member

@JMMD wrote:

@ButterflyT wrote:

@JMMD wrote:

@starry1 wrote:

Yes it updates your score each month. I keep my card open just for that...don't use the card...no WM close but its free true FICO so...worth it..lol

The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the CHEESE!! lol

Starting Score: 614 (Credit Karma), 640 (TU Fico), 614 (TU via Merrick) as of 5/31/2013
Current Score: 597 (Credit Karma), 621 (TU Fico), 607 (TU via Merrick) as of 8/23/2013 !!!! annoyed
Goal Score: 800+

In My Wallet:RBFCU MC $2.5K/Target $2K/Amazon $1.3K/HB $900/C1Plat $750/Merrick $700/MS $550/ WM $500/C1CR $500 & Various Store Cards
Message 8 of 11
JMMD
Frequent Contributor

@ButterflyT wrote:

@JMMD wrote:

@ButterflyT wrote:

@JMMD wrote:

@starry1 wrote:

Yes it updates your score each month. I keep my card open just for that...don't use the card...no WM close but its free true FICO so...worth it..lol

That is great! Thanks for letting me know!

Message 9 of 11
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@JMMD wrote:

@ButterflyT wrote:

@JMMD wrote:

@starry1 wrote:

Yes you get free TU report when you sign up for paperless billingSmiley Happy

Congrats on your approval, GE is very generous with CLI, give it 4months and request CLI,

they do SP's, best of luck to you!!

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.