cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any BK friendly cards that check thru EXPERIAN?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there any BK friendly cards that check thru EXPERIAN?

I hope I am posting in the correct place.

Are there any BK friendly cards that check thru Experian? Anytype of starter card to help me get my foot thru the door.

Filed Chapter 7 Oct/2018 Discharged Jan/2019.

I have been lurking and reading and following step by step instructions to the T... (I promise) 

I am aware of Cap1 and Discover it. I have never had a card from them in my life. But it seems as if I am black listed. They didn't say that, that is just my opinion= I still don't have an open account. Just received a card from Sec Dis a few days ago, I called to activate and it is closed now. Saying closed by consumer on Eq,TU,Exp and  CreditWise® from Capital One. The only card I burned was credit one. I begged my attorney not to because I had just opened account and was doing great. He said I had to. Looks like my only option may be Merrick and self builder loan. The cards mentioned aboved have been added to new inq and dropping my score.Jan I started with  647 Eq,649TU, and I  656 EXP. Today TU is 639, EQ 625, EX,656. The only cards I applied for since discharge was, Old Navy, Cp1, and Disc.

Nothing has worked out for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are there any BK friendly cards that check thru EXPERIAN?

Check out Open Sky Secured. There is no credit check but a deposit to secure your account is required. Excellent way to start rebuilding and no risk of an inquiry to lower your score further.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much BCHSLH. I really appreciate this.

Will keep you updated.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do try applying for these cards. It worked for me 😃

Re: Bk friendly credit cards
Abercrombie & Fitch (CL $500)
J crew (CL $500)
Target (CL $600)
Kohl’s (CL $500)
Pier 1 (CL $500)
Pottery Barn (CL. $500)
Discover Card (CL $1000)
Mission Lane Visa (CL $1000)
Cerulean MC (CL $1000)

Got approved for these cards 3 months post BK.

Exp: 670 Eq: 655 Tu: 643
Message 4 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are there any BK friendly cards that check thru Experian? Anytype of starter card to help me get my foot thru the door.

I have been lurking and reading and following step by step instructions to the T... (I promise) 

I am aware of Cap1 and Discover it. I have never had a card from them in my life. But it seems as if I am black listed. They didn't say that, that is just my opinion= I still don't have an open account. Just received a card from Sec Dis a few days ago, I called to activate and it is closed now. Saying closed by consumer on Eq,TU,Exp and  CreditWise® from Capital One. You got approved for a secured Disco and called and its closed before it was activated? I take it Sec Dis means that card. The only card I burned was credit one. I begged my attorney not to because I had just opened account and was doing great. He said I had to. Looks like my only option may be Merrick and self builder loan. The cards mentioned aboved have been added to new inq and dropping my score.Jan I started with  647 Eq,649TU, and I  656 EXP. Today TU is 639, EQ 625, EX,656. The only cards I applied for since discharge was, Old Navy, Cp1, and Disc.

TIA.

@Anonymous  If this is what your saying I'd call ASAP and ask why. They may want you to call for verification purposes. Talk to a person. Thats is if you did the phone activation way. Makes no sense. And have you actually tried the Cap1 pre-qual page?

https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/prequalify/ 

Keep us updated. Good Luck!

Message 5 of 8
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

Try OZK Bank they are affiliated with Firstbankcard/FNBO.  They do not appear to be geo-restrictive as I enter my VA zip code and it continued with the app. (didn’t apply, just investigating).  It does have an annual fee of $35, but you can get a CLI after 7 months without a deposit and it can graduate in 11 months.  After that FNBO gives CLIs every 4 months (if you call) even while in BK.  My formerly secured card is now a $9K Plat (basic card) after 2 years.  I also believe this relationship opened the door for my instant approval ($7.5K) Ducks Unlimited just two months after my CH 13 discharged.

Message 6 of 8
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am aware of Cap1 and Discover it. I have never had a card from them in my life. But it seems as if I am black listed. They didn't say that, that is just my opinion= I still don't have an open account. Just received a card from Sec Dis a few days ago, I called to activate and it is closed now. Are you saying you received a Secured Discover card and now it its showing closed by consumer?  If so, you would have had to deposit some money, did you get that back?  Also, sometimes they will put 'closed by consumer' if they made a mistake in issuing you a card, so that it doesn't hurt you as far as credit scores go. Saying closed by consumer on Eq,TU,Exp and  CreditWise® from Capital One. The only card I burned was credit one. I begged my attorney not to because I had just opened account and was doing great. He said I had to. Looks like my only option may be Merrick and self builder loan. The cards mentioned aboved have been added to new inq and dropping my score.Jan I started with  647 Eq,649TU, and I  656 EXP. Today TU is 639, EQ 625, EX,656.  What is the reason for your drop on EQ & TU, considering those scores should have increased even a few points in 9 months? The only cards I applied for since discharge was, Old Navy, Cp1, and Disc.

TIA.

Do you have any active accounts that you have aquired since discharge?

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you pulled all three of your credit reports to make sure everything is reported correctly? I had REAL issues with my Experian report and didn't know it until I actually looked at the copy while talking to a real, live person from Experian customer service.  My report wasn't showing my home address, it showed a blank address.  So the cards I was prequalifying for at that time, going through Experian, they were never approving me because of the address glitch.  Just something to do if you haven't already, make sure everything is reporting as IIB on your reports and that all other info on there is accurate.  Good luck!  I discharged BK7 on 10/11/18, so still in rebuild mode too.  This forum is great and filled with good folks who will help you out!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.