Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user filing BK

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Authorized user filing BK

My ex is filing BK and was previously listed on my discover account as an authroized user. He was removed a couple years ago but it still reflects on the report. Will this affect my credit rating? I had excellent credit and my discover is my oldest card and I do not want anything to happen to it.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Authorized user filing BK

No, his BK filing will not affect your credit. The only thing the AU account served him for was using your credit card to make purchases. Nothing else is linked

Message 2 of 3
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Re: Authorized user filing BK

@simplynoir wrote:

No, his BK filing will not affect your credit. The only thing the AU account served him for was using your credit card to make purchases. Nothing else is linked

Thank you!

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.