Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Questions to Ask

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto Loan Questions to Ask

UPDATE:

After seeing my CK scores go up, and getting access to my Fico scores I felt like today was the day to go do some car shopping.

As I drove to one dealership, I Called NFCU to see about getting financing thru them....no go.

First dealership:

They came back saying my score was 450, thankfully I have the fico app and showed them my scores, they went back and noticed they made a mistake.

Even after fixing their mistake they came back with a 2008 vehicle semi-high mileage for about 13K. They wanted 3000 down. This was the dealership not the bank. After seeing the car they were offering and the $3000 down I politely declined. I told him I did not have 3000 down and if I did I wouldnt spend it on a 2008 vehicle.

then I drove down the street to carmax:

After walking the lot for 45mins I found a vehicle that was a 2014 with 18k miles price tag $22,000.

Ran the financing and it came back with only one approval which was from westlake (never heard of them). 

They wanted $6000 down and still 23%-25%!

So of course I wakled away from that too. 

At this point I feel lost. I see so many getting car approvals after a few days of DC, credit cards, etc. All i've gotten so far is a store card for a store I dont even shop at via the SCT.

I am about to research credit builder loans and try to get that under my belt. Other than that I feel overwhelmed and worried that I wont have the success story that many of you have had

Message 11 of 18
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Have you tried wells fargo dealer services. carvana, or carfinance.com?

Message 12 of 18
SSH0126
Established Contributor

were any of these carmax?

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SSH0126 wrote:

Have you tried wells fargo dealer services. carvana, or carfinance.com?

no, should I? 

I know the first dealer I went to had Wells Fargo on their list, but I didnt get that far with them.

and yes, the second dealership I Visited was carmax

Message 14 of 18
SSH0126
Established Contributor

check messages

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You've started the app process. Don't be afraid to do as many as you can in the next 30 days. 

Not sure who you burned in your ch7 but I got Cap1 to finance my first car at 6% with nothing down just three months out of bk. Good for you for declining these offers so far. just keep plugging away and eventually you'll find a vehicle with a reasonable rate you can live with. 

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You've started the app process. Don't be afraid to do as many as you can in the next 30 days. 

Not sure who you burned in your ch7 but I got Cap1 to finance my first car at 6% with nothing down just three months out of bk. Good for you for declining these offers so far. just keep plugging away and eventually you'll find a vehicle with a reasonable rate you can live with. 

30 days? I thought it was 1-3 days....

I burned Cap1 (Credit cards), Santander, GM Financial (voluntary repo years ago, still owed), Tide Water Motor Credit (Same situation).

I'm nervous to keep applying.

I did get a credit builder loan last night and I have a store card now. Maybe 2-3 months of good payment history will put me in a better situation?

Message 17 of 18
SSH0126
Established Contributor

right but what were your scores and did you burn cap 1..have lates etc etc? that makes a huge difference..income..he has repos and etc and a lot of denials. higher scores after vs lower scores im sure would make a difference as some ppl do bk right away and hardly have as much of a fight after as others

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.