cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto approval two days post BK discharge! So happy!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto approval two days post BK discharge! So happy!

I was just discharged from my Chapter 7 BK two days ago. Today I financed a new 2018 Chevy Trax through GM at a 9.90 rate!  I am so happy, as the auto I turned in through the BK was financed at a horrible 22.2!

I just wanted to post and let others know there IS hope after BK. I planned to file over a year ago, then got terribly sick and it took me another year to actually file. I could only find ONE lawyer within 50 miles of me who even specialized in BK, and thankfully he was just wonderful. 

I'll be following the "how to get to 700" thread and continuing on my post-bankruptcy rebuild!

Best of luck to all, I have read and read everything here for over a year now and the information has been invaluable. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Auto approval two days post BK discharge! So happy!

Congratulations! If you don't mind sharing, what was your FICO score the lender had for you?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't mind! It was 552. 

Message 3 of 6
Pharoe33
Regular Contributor

Congratulations! My I ask, had your credit report updated to reflect discharge? If not, did you need to provide proof that you were discharged?

I was discharged today and in need of an auto loan. I pulled the discharge document from PACER but my report hasnt updated yet.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It appeared on MyFico as discharged the same day as I bought the car (the 13th). I did have the discharge papers printed from Pacer, but they said they didn't need them. I did not see the change on the MyFico report until I was back that evening from having purchased the car, so not sure if it appeared for them or not.

Best of luck to you! It's a heck of a thing, finally getting that discharge!

Message 5 of 6
Pharoe33
Regular Contributor

Thank you! I'm going to wait until it the credit report updates to discharge. Reading a few other post including yours, it seems the credit reports usually update within a few days after discharge.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.