Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan & Chapter 13 BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto loan & Chapter 13 BK

I filed a Chapter 13 BK in October 2004.  I believe I reaffirmed my car, although at a reduced amount -- the court/judge reduced the amount down to the market value of the car, which knocked off like $3000 from my loan.  Payments were made to the lender (GMAC) in a timely manner via the court trustee until the plan disposition in May 2008.  (I believe the last payment was April 2008).   After completion of all payments to GMAC per the bankruptcy plan, I contacted them, confirmed payment in full (albeit at the reduced amount per the court) and requested and received the title to the car.  I can't recall the exact month that was done, but most likely it was May or June 2008, right after disposition of the case.

However, for some reason, on Equifax, GMAC shows the following:  Date Reported:  4/2008  Date of Last Payment:  2/2008  Date Major Delinquency first reported:  3/2008  Date of First Delinquency:  10/2004.

Since all payments were made via the trustee, and none were late, I am unclear why they are showing payments and delinquencies in February and March of 2008.  Should I dispute this online?  Call GMAC to confirm the paid in full date?  I want this account off my report too, and if they are showing a payment/delinquency date of 2008, it'll be a long time still, which it shouldn't be.  The correct "date of delinquency" was 10/2004, which was the filing of the bankruptcy.  Equifax does not show a 30/60/90, etc. payment data for this loan for some reason.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.