Anyone have any advice?
I'd like to put my money some place where it helps me with my credit. I have accounts for checking, business checking, brokerage, and IRA - but none of those institutions have given me any credit.
Are there places where I can leverage this? I'm with WF right now and located in California.
Brokerage/IRA: Schwab no longer offers credit
Personal Checking/Savings: Wells Fargo (Secured Card)
Business Checking/Savings: Wells Fargo (no credit)
Thanks for the help.
IMO, your Bk is distant enough where you should be doing better credit wise. How long have you had your WF secured? I hope its been at least 6 months.
I would suggest the following.
1. App for a capital product. I'd say cash rewards, at worst platinum. It will be tripple pull but I sincerely don't see how you dont get approved.
2. Consider Barclays. If you have had close to 6 months history with your WF card, go for the Apple, Priceline or NFL cards. I personally like the NL card, but I've seen higher approvals with the priceline. (If not instant approval, recon immediately)
3. Shopping cart trick-easy way to boost available credit without HPs.
4. CreditOne and Fingerhut: I would hessitate to add these. These would have been great at 1-2 months post-BK, but I think you are beyond them at this point.
5. Once 1 and 2 above have aged about 6 months, you could reach for a discover product.
6. If you have any military affiiation or family member affiliation, join Navy Federal.
Steps 1 and 2 are immediate. I can't think of any reasons to be denied if youve been clean since BK and already have WF secured. Good luck and let us know how things go.