cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK 13 / CH 13 - Discharged & Now Closed!

tag
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

Re: BK 13 / CH 13 - How much time lapsed from last payment to discharge

@Horseshoez wrote:

@FLLGuy wrote:

Update -

@Corey, @Horseshoez , @SB_F , @jmw1 , @FireMedic1 

I reported earlier the CRAs have started to report Bankruptcy disharge and noticed 3 point increase from TU and EQ.  However, now individual accounts are reporting "discharged" with point drops between (6-16points).  It's nerve wrecking to watch this fluctuate and learned from you all not to dispute and let it organically do it's thing.   I take it this is normal? 

Totally normal, my scores fluctuated nearly 50 points over the first six months.

@Horseshoez, @FireMedic1 , @coreyb80 , @SB_F

Glad I took your advice and waited it out and held back from disputing.  Now this week (6 weeks to be exact since discharge) I'm starting to see better pre-approval offers from both Cap1 and Discover.  Scores across (F8/F9 Credit Cards and Mortgage) soared after self-correction coupled with several $0 balances with overall less than 8% util.   Middle Mortgage score is 698 after this morning - feeling alot better.

Can't say it enough - thank you all for your experiences.  More work to be done still in the woods.

Message 31 of 61
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@FLLGuy wrote:

@Horseshoez wrote:

@FLLGuy wrote:

Update -

@Corey, @Horseshoez , @SB_F , @jmw1 , @FireMedic1 

I reported earlier the CRAs have started to report Bankruptcy disharge and noticed 3 point increase from TU and EQ.  However, now individual accounts are reporting "discharged" with point drops between (6-16points).  It's nerve wrecking to watch this fluctuate and learned from you all not to dispute and let it organically do it's thing.   I take it this is normal? 

Totally normal, my scores fluctuated nearly 50 points over the first six months.

@Horseshoez, @FireMedic1 , @coreyb80 , @SB_F

Glad I took your advice and waited it out and held back from disputing.  Now this week (6 weeks to be exact since discharge) I'm starting to see better pre-approval offers from both Cap1 and Discover.  Scores across (F8/F9 Credit Cards and Mortgage) soared after self-correction coupled with several $0 balances with overall less than 8% util.   Middle Mortgage score is 698 after this morning - feeling alot better.

Can't say it enough - thank you all for your experiences.  More work to be done still in the woods.

Your more than welcome. Congrats. The ole saying. Good things come to those who wait applies to the start of the rebuild. Your on you way now dude!

Message 32 of 61
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

Quick Update - There's been some movement towards "Closing aka Terminated".  Meaning, this is where Trustee finalizes final report or audit and issues "terminated or closed" status.  This is different from the discharge, all this means the Trustee is no longer overlooking your estate.  One month allowing creditors to object then after deadline is met based on research i should receive closed papers within 4-6 weeks after.

• 7/30/21 - From Pacer.Gov - Order Discharging Debtor (pacer.gov) shows discharged date 7/30/21.
    • Pacer Pending Statuses show "Awaiting Closing" since 7/30 and currently 7 days Time in Status.
  • 8/2/21 - From NDC - Balance on hand ($1800) reduced to ($0). NDC Case Status (no change) Completed - Pending Final Report
  • 8/3/21 - From NDC - Last Disbursement entered as 8/3/21.
    • Plan Base, Total Paid into Plan, and Total Paid to all Parties now match.
  • 8/4/21 - Trustee Offices, Called on check statuses (32 checks cut / 1 check cleared in 3weeks / 31 more to go)
  • 8/5/21 - MyFico alerts both EQ & TU bankruptcy discharged entered (3 point gain) waiting on EX expected to be last advice from forums.
    • Cap1 now allows me to prequalify for 3 (Plat, QS1, Secured) - holding off for now.  Recently app'd for NFCU secure $200 and added as AU to AMEX Cash Magnet new account $15,000 SL w/3% utilization.
    • However, my wife gets Cap1 prequalify for 6 different cards including Savor One and Venture. She app'd Savor w/$1,000 SL sucks but she's happy to accept considering our circumstances glad Cap1 let us back in after burning them over $10K in BK 13.
  • 8/1/21 - from Pacer.Gov - BNC Certificate of Mailing - Order of Discharge
  • 8/6/21 - Received "Order to Discharge" in the mail signed by the judge dated 7/30/21.
  • 9/13/21 - From Pacer.Gov - Chapter 13 Trustee's Final Report and Account (Fully Administered) Filed by Trustee. Objection Deadline: 10/13/2021.(Entered: 09/13/2021)
  • 9/13/21 - NDC.Org - Status is now "Completed -V"

A few screenshots for those interested on what this looks like from PACER.Gov.  You can also look at other closed cases through pacer.gov, which is what i did to help hedge my anxiety.

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 11.39.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 11.47.11 AM.png

Message 33 of 61
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

@FLLGuy wrote:

Quick Update - There's been some movement towards "Closing aka Terminated".  Meaning, this is where Trustee finalizes final report or audit and issues "terminated or closed" status.  This is different from the discharge, all this means the Trustee is no longer overlooking your estate.  One month allowing creditors to object then after deadline is met based on research i should receive closed papers within 4-6 weeks after.

• 7/30/21 - From Pacer.Gov - Order Discharging Debtor (pacer.gov) shows discharged date 7/30/21.
    • Pacer Pending Statuses show "Awaiting Closing" since 7/30 and currently 7 days Time in Status.
  • 8/2/21 - From NDC - Balance on hand ($1800) reduced to ($0). NDC Case Status (no change) Completed - Pending Final Report
  • 8/3/21 - From NDC - Last Disbursement entered as 8/3/21.
    • Plan Base, Total Paid into Plan, and Total Paid to all Parties now match.
  • 8/4/21 - Trustee Offices, Called on check statuses (32 checks cut / 1 check cleared in 3weeks / 31 more to go)
  • 8/5/21 - MyFico alerts both EQ & TU bankruptcy discharged entered (3 point gain) waiting on EX expected to be last advice from forums.
    • Cap1 now allows me to prequalify for 3 (Plat, QS1, Secured) - holding off for now.  Recently app'd for NFCU secure $200 and added as AU to AMEX Cash Magnet new account $15,000 SL w/3% utilization.
    • However, my wife gets Cap1 prequalify for 6 different cards including Savor One and Venture. She app'd Savor w/$1,000 SL sucks but she's happy to accept considering our circumstances glad Cap1 let us back in after burning them over $10K in BK 13.
  • 8/1/21 - from Pacer.Gov - BNC Certificate of Mailing - Order of Discharge
  • 8/6/21 - Received "Order to Discharge" in the mail signed by the judge dated 7/30/21.
  • 9/13/21 - From Pacer.Gov - Chapter 13 Trustee's Final Report and Account (Fully Administered) Filed by Trustee. Objection Deadline: 10/13/2021.(Entered: 09/13/2021)
  • 9/13/21 - NDC.Org - Status is now "Completed -V"

A few screenshots for those interested on what this looks like from PACER.Gov.  You can also look at other closed cases through pacer.gov, which is what i did to help hedge my anxiety.

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 11.39.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 11.47.11 AM.png

Documenting in the event anyone else is curious what happens after your last payment:

• 7/30/21 - Discharged
  • 9/13/21 - Final report submitted by Trustee to creditors allowing "creditors) 4 weeks to object.  Based on research normally once your trustee submits their "Final Report" it's pretty much a done deal.
  • 10/14/21 - No changes - Pending case closure aka "Terminated Status".
  • Next Expectations - Pending to see "Final Decree"

A few images attached for your viewing pleasure taken from my own "Pacer.Gov" account.

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 2.13.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-14 at 2.12.43 PM.png

Message 34 of 61
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

OKAY HIP-HIP-HOOORAY!!!!   HIP-HIP-HOORAY!!!!   

What do you want to see after discharge?   .......... answer:   Case Closed aka Terminated.   Finally mokey off my back then next objective wait for this "BK13" comment to fall off my report during the next 1.5yr.  I have images to share

Summary:  Case closed 81 days after official discharge.  If you've been discharged and get "collection calls" please direct them to your BK attorney you may be entitled to $1,000 per each incident if they attempt to collect on accounts included inside BK.  I've gotten an influx of calls during the last two weeks .......tell your attorney.

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 12.42.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-19 at 12.42.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-19 at 12.40.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-19 at 12.38.51 PM.png

Message 35 of 61
kr43002
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Bet this is a load off your shoulders

BK CH7 1/21 DC 5/21
1+ Year Post BK
Credit Limit: 6000
EDC: QuickSilver 1 1.5% $39 AF
Oldest Account: Tire Card $500 0% APR 6 Months After purchase. 2018. (Survived Bankruptcy)
Message 36 of 61
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

@kr43002 wrote:

Congrats! Bet this is a load off your shoulders

oh man!  no more permission seeking "felt like i was in the Mommy Dearest Movie".  The rope has been cut!

Message 37 of 61
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats @FLLGuy ! Free at last!

Message 38 of 61
NYC_Fella
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations and the best of luck to you, @FLLGuy!

Message 39 of 61
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats and I'm sure it feels great to be done!!

I thought I was done only to find out today that I have 3/4 more payments left on my case.  Spoke with my attorney and he thinks it should only be 3 more, but hey we shall see.  

Message 40 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.