cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK 13 / CH 13 - Discharged & Now Closed!

tag
Lurker22
Frequent Contributor

Re: BK 13 / CH 13 - How much time lapsed from last payment to discharge

@FLLGuy wrote:

@coreyb80 - How are you holding up?  You're almost near the end!

Myself - I have 3 more payments to go....and it's killing me but I'm sitting here as patiently as I can (and won't do anything silly until the dust settles)

Message 51 of 61
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

@Lurker22 The force is strong, let the stars align that is the way.  Anxiety scope creep is the worst when you know you completed or near completion of the mission and now have to wait for due process.  

Best way to describe it is "if you put up with it 3yrs or 5yrs what's another few months?"  But you will reap the benefits and rewards much later.   

Message 52 of 61
Lurker22
Frequent Contributor

@FLLGuy wrote:

@Lurker22 The force is strong, let the stars align that is the way.  Anxiety scope creep is the worst when you know you completed or near completion of the mission and now have to wait for due process.  

Best way to describe it is "if you put up with it 3yrs or 5yrs what's another few months?"  But you will reap the benefits and rewards much later.   

exactly, it's not been a horrible 5 years (but there's been a few bumps along the way too) - so what's 86 more days!!!

Message 53 of 61
Alh1978
New Visitor

Got our discharge!! Last payment 8/2/22,

certification 8/10/22, discharge 9/1/22. Not as bad as I anticipated!!! Phew glad that's over and never doing it again! Good luck all. 

Message 54 of 61
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

@Alh1978 wrote:

Got our discharge!! Last payment 8/2/22,

certification 8/10/22, discharge 9/1/22. Not as bad as I anticipated!!! Phew glad that's over and never doing it again! Good luck all. 

@Alh1978- Welcome to the boards. 

How does it feel?  From your last payment to discharge that was a pretty quick turnaround for you.  Rebuild slowly and watch those inquiries, target your future credit cards this commnunity is riddled with valuable information during your rebuild.  Before you know it you'll hit 700s.  Congrats to you on reaching this massive milestone.  Smiley Happy

Message 55 of 61
kz1rk4

@coreyb80  - When you say NDC shows payments remaining, where did you see that? Mine doesn't show that and I'm just math'ing it out.

Message 56 of 61
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Mine was listed on the dashboard.  If you're not seeing it, definitely reach out to your attorney and confirm with them as well. 

Message 57 of 61
kz1rk4

Ya, it's not showing in my Dashboard. Unfortunatly my Atty is a real POS. Would have fired him long ago if it were possiable. I emailed him a couple a months ago and all I got back was a screen shot from "bankruptcylink.com" showing what looks like the wrong amount of payments left(5). No response when I replied questioning it.

Also weird, according to NDC it looks like the Trustee has started cramming down my auto loan for some reason. Normal payment per the plan is $229.50 but the last 2 payments they made were my full $800 payment (minus Trustee fee). Curious to see what happens at the end of the month as it now shows "Principal Owed: $203.08".

Message 58 of 61
SB_F
Contributor

@kz1rk4 wrote:

Ya, it's not showing in my Dashboard. Unfortunatly my Atty is a real POS. Would have fired him long ago if it were possiable. I emailed him a couple a months ago and all I got back was a screen shot from "bankruptcylink.com" showing what looks like the wrong amount of payments left(5). No response when I replied questioning it.

Also weird, according to NDC it looks like the Trustee has started cramming down my auto loan for some reason. Normal payment per the plan is $229.50 but the last 2 payments they made were my full $800 payment (minus Trustee fee). Curious to see what happens at the end of the month as it now shows "Principal Owed: $203.08".

Let me repost this from my comment in early pages, as I think it may affect you and cause delays with your funds not being distributed equally:

-All I can say is watch online for disputes between Trustee and your attorney, and make sure all of the amounts look correct. My discharge was delayed 6 months after the last payment. Trustee filed to dismiss thr whole case because a non discharegable IRS debt had not been completely paid, but that was because his office had applied payments to dischargeable accounts instead. Neither my attorney nor I caught it for month or so, and we had to actually file for a hearing before the trustee took care of it. By they got the payments back and redirected them to the IRS, 6 months had passed. No big deal some say, but if you want a conventional mortgage (not VA or FHA), you won't be considered for 24 months from the day of discharge.

BK13 filed 11/2013 discharged 6/2019
Oct 2019 EQ 672 TU 643 EX 663
Julu 2021 EQ 840 TU 828 EX 819
Message 59 of 61
kz1rk4

Thanks. I dont have any Non-Dischargable required payback's like Taxes. The only Non-Dischargable I have are Student Loans but it's generally understood those will survive the Discharge. As far as that goes, the only thing I'm concerned about is about 2 years in the Trustee started paying on my Student Loans. Not sure they were supposed to do that but again, my atty blew me off when I started questioning it.

I'm 90% sure it will be ok as they have been making payments to all my other creditors as well. So, unless someone files an objection to the closing I should be good.

Message 60 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.