cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK 13 / CH 13 - Discharged & Now Closed!

FLLGuy
Regular Contributor

Re: BK 13 / CH 13 - How much time lapsed from last payment to discharge

@coreyb80 - How are you holding up?  You're almost near the end!










Message 21 of 47
coreyb80
Senior Contributor

Re: BK 13 / CH 13 - How much time lapsed from last payment to discharge


@FLLGuy wrote:

@coreyb80 - How are you holding up?  You're almost near the end!


One more payment left that is due on 9/16 and I'm officially done.  Crazy to believe that I actually did this for 5 years. 



 

Message 22 of 47
FLLGuy
Regular Contributor

Re: BK 13 / CH 13 - How much time lapsed from last payment to discharge

I hear you!  My main three resources (Pacer.gov | NDC.org | Trustee)

I'm looking through Pacer and NDC almost daily for any changes.

 

I'm counting the days!

 

 Screen Shot 2021-08-28 at 12.06.34 AM.png










Message 23 of 47
Horseshoez
Valued Contributor

Re: BK 13 / CH 13 - How much time lapsed from last payment to discharge

Congratulations @coreyb80 and @FLLGuy, it takes a lot of discipline to get through a 60 month Chapter 13; been there, done that, got the freakin' tee-shirt.  Smiley Happy

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!

Message 24 of 47
coreyb80
Senior Contributor

Re: BK 13 / CH 13 - How much time lapsed from last payment to discharge

I just made my 60th payment about an hour ago.  Glad to be done with this and definitely filled with some learning experiences.  I've already taken the required exit course for 13 about a month or so ago.  Now I'll just wait for the discharge.  Only cards I want after this are an AMEX and maybe CapOne.  That won't happen until the top of 2022 though.  I'm good where I'm at now.

Message 25 of 47
FLLGuy
Regular Contributor

Re: BK 13 / CH 13 - How much time lapsed from last payment to discharge


@coreyb80 wrote:

I just made my 60th payment about an hour ago.  Glad to be done with this and definitely filled with some learning experiences.  I've already taken the required exit course for 13 about a month or so ago.  Now I'll just wait for the discharge.  Only cards I want after this are an AMEX and maybe CapOne.  That won't happen until the top of 2022 though.  I'm good where I'm at now.


Feels good, doesn't it?  Bask in it you deserve it.  Next 30 days you'll find a few new line entries via Pacer.org, once your last payment reaches the Trustee they'll advise your creditors giving them 3 weeks to object.  Then afterwards a week or two the Judge will sign your discharge. 










Message 26 of 47
coreyb80
Senior Contributor

Re: BK 13 / CH 13 - How much time lapsed from last payment to discharge


@FLLGuy wrote:

@coreyb80 wrote:

I just made my 60th payment about an hour ago.  Glad to be done with this and definitely filled with some learning experiences.  I've already taken the required exit course for 13 about a month or so ago.  Now I'll just wait for the discharge.  Only cards I want after this are an AMEX and maybe CapOne.  That won't happen until the top of 2022 though.  I'm good where I'm at now.


Feels good, doesn't it?  Bask in it you deserve it.  Next 30 days you'll find a few new line entries via Pacer.org, once your last payment reaches the Trustee they'll advise your creditors giving them 3 weeks to object.  Then afterwards a week or two the Judge will sign your discharge. 


It's a great feeling!  My payment wasn't due until next week, but I'm like let's close this chapter payment wise today!!  Thanks for reminding, Pacer sent me my code in the mail and I need to complete my registration this evening.  Thank you for the information as I truly thank you and appreciate it!!!!

Message 27 of 47
Horseshoez
Valued Contributor

Re: BK 13 / CH 13 - How much time lapsed from last payment to discharge


@coreyb80 wrote:

I just made my 60th payment about an hour ago.  Glad to be done with this and definitely filled with some learning experiences.  I've already taken the required exit course for 13 about a month or so ago.  Now I'll just wait for the discharge.  Only cards I want after this are an AMEX and maybe CapOne.  That won't happen until the top of 2022 though.  I'm good where I'm at now.


Congratulations on the last payment!

 

Regarding your new cards,  CapOne is a no-brainer pretty much anytime six weeks after discharge, however, AMEX will be a non-starter for at leaset a few more years, if you didn't burn them in your bankruptcy; if you did, it may be many-many years before they'll grant you a new card.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!

Message 28 of 47
FLLGuy
Regular Contributor

Re: BK 13 / CH 13 - How much time lapsed from last payment to discharge

@Horseshoez  - Great point!   Day after discharge CAP1 finally said "you're pre-approved" but decided to hold off.  Then this week Discoery finally appeared with "pre-approved for 3 discover cards" after weeks of SP denials due to BK". 

 

@coreyb80  -  Amex is on my radar I never burned them in BK.  I do read alot of folks get in 5.1yrs after filing some cold app and others get pre-qualified msg.










Message 29 of 47
coreyb80
Senior Contributor

Re: BK 13 / CH 13 - How much time lapsed from last payment to discharge


@FLLGuy wrote:

@Horseshoez  - Great point!   Day after discharge CAP1 finally said "you're pre-approved" but decided to hold off.  Then this week Discoery finally appeared with "pre-approved for 3 discover cards" after weeks of SP denials due to BK". 

 

@coreyb80  -  Amex is on my radar I never burned them in BK.  I do read alot of folks get in 5.1yrs after filing some cold app and others get pre-qualified msg.


I've never burned them as well so I'm hoping I get an approval top of the year.  I totally forgot Discover is on my radar as well.  Sounds like you're well on the right path and being responsible as well.  Good stuff! Love this board!!

Message 30 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.