cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK 13 Finally deleted from all reports!

Regular Contributor

BK 13 Finally deleted from all reports!

Well....Equifax went and done it.

 

THEY DELETED MY BK 13! It was due to fall off next month on the 11th!

 

This has been a long road and one I pray that I will never have to go down ever again! For those who are dealing with bankruptcy, hang in there! Hard times for a moment can bring you your credit goals at the end of the rainbow!

 

All my credit reports are clear now. I disputed my BK on Equifax back to back, meaning everytime I got a not, I would dispute it again. I also want to say I did not dispute the validity, but was asking for Early Exclusion. Every answer came back, "this information is correct and will remail on your report."

I have more credit available now than I've ever had in my life and for that I am grateful!

 

Cheers!

 

 

Well whether it came off because its one month before the due date or someone made the decision, I am happy! I will be toasting to a new life this season! Happy New Year Everyone!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES
Regular Contributor

Re: BK 13 Finally deleted from all reports!

Congratulations!

 

I'm close behind you. I have been cleaning up my reports and am now down to just my BK13 reporting with two CRAs. I should be granted an EE from TU in March, and from EXP in June.

 

I was very fortunate that EQ (who is the hardest to get an EE from) misreported my BK as chapter 7. I sent them a certified letter last month to dispute and was shocked when they actually deleted it!

 

Phoenix, was sort of bump in your scores did you get when your BKs were removed?

Began 5/17/17
EQ 621
TU 577
EX 608

Current FICO 8
EQ 767
TU 775
EX 728 - FINALLY ALL ABOVE 700!
Message 2 of 15
Regular Contributor

Re: BK 13 Finally deleted from all reports!

Scores went from 640s to 730s. Credit Card availability is now 154,700. To me that is unbelievable! 

 

I'm happy about it!

Message 3 of 15
Contributor

Re: BK 13 Finally deleted from all reports!


PhoenixRising71 wrote:

Well....Equifax went and done it.

 

THEY DELETED MY BK 13! It was due to fall off next month on the 11th!

 

This has been a long road and one I pray that I will never have to go down ever again! For those who are dealing with bankruptcy, hang in there! Hard times for a moment can bring you your credit goals at the end of the rainbow!

 

All my credit reports are clear now. I disputed my BK on Equifax back to back, meaning everytime I got a not, I would dispute it again. I also want to say I did not dispute the validity, but was asking for Early Exclusion. Every answer came back, "this information is correct and will remail on your report."

I have more credit available now than I've ever had in my life and for that I am grateful!

 

Cheers!

 

 

Well whether it came off because its one month before the due date or someone made the decision, I am happy! I will be toasting to a new life this season! Happy New Year Everyone!


Congrats!!

It's a great feeling living past the baddies!!   

toasting with you!

 



Merrick Bank Visa $1500 | Citi BestBuy Visa $5300 | Chase Freedom $2000 | Amex BCE $6000 | Alliant SSL

Gardening until 6/1/18 then app for 5th CC



Starting Score: Fico 8: EQ 721 TU 742 EX 736
Current Score: Fico 8: EQ 768 TU 781 EX 784
Goal Score: Fico 8: EQ 750+ TU 760 EX 750+


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 15
Frequent Contributor

Re: BK 13 Finally deleted from all reports!


PhoenixRising71 wrote:

Scores went from 640s to 730s. Credit Card availability is now 154,700. To me that is unbelievable! 

 

I'm happy about it!


Congrats!  Thanks for inspiring me - I requested an EE with Transunion because of one of your older threads.  My TU score increased from 679 to 767!  Can't wait to get to where you are with all reports clean.

FICO Score 8 as of 03/22/18
EQ - 711
EX - 686
TU - 770
Goal: 800
Message 5 of 15
Regular Contributor

Re: BK 13 Finally deleted from all reports!


luxeprw9 wrote:

PhoenixRising71 wrote:

Scores went from 640s to 730s. Credit Card availability is now 154,700. To me that is unbelievable! 

 

I'm happy about it!


Congrats!  Thanks for inspiring me - I requested an EE with Transunion because of one of your older threads.  My TU score increased from 679 to 767!  Can't wait to get to where you are with all reports clean.


That's so awesome! Glad I could help! Let me know so I don't miss a toast! 

Cheers!

Message 6 of 15
Frequent Contributor

Re: BK 13 Finally deleted from all reports!

Sounds like we are all in the same club! Congrats...I can’t wait to be posting this same thing! I got my TU EE, but waiting on the other two.
RBFCU Premier $25K, Sam’s Club MC $20K, Cap1 Venture $20K, Employer CU LOC $20K, Navy GoRewards $18K, PenFed Power Cash $10K, PenFed PLOC $10k, Navy Platinum $5.7K, SMG $5.5K, PenFed Promise $2.5K, Total Rewards $3K, Discover It $1.4K, Cap One QS1 $850, Overstock $17.5K
DC BK13 3/17....TU clean due to EE as of 12/17! EX clean as of 4/18! EQ clean as of 5/4/18!
Message 7 of 15
Frequent Contributor

Re: BK 13 Finally deleted from all reports!

@JoeFriday - very interesting! We had the same issue with EQ. I got mine fixed several months ago because there is NO way I’m letting a false CH7 sit in my report for an extra 3 Years! DH is in the process of disputing but nothing is easy with EQ! Maybe we will try the certified letter route. Any advice on what to say? Thanks!!!
RBFCU Premier $25K, Sam’s Club MC $20K, Cap1 Venture $20K, Employer CU LOC $20K, Navy GoRewards $18K, PenFed Power Cash $10K, PenFed PLOC $10k, Navy Platinum $5.7K, SMG $5.5K, PenFed Promise $2.5K, Total Rewards $3K, Discover It $1.4K, Cap One QS1 $850, Overstock $17.5K
DC BK13 3/17....TU clean due to EE as of 12/17! EX clean as of 4/18! EQ clean as of 5/4/18!
Message 8 of 15
Regular Contributor

Re: BK 13 Finally deleted from all reports!

Here's exactly what my certified letter said:

 

Equifax Information Services LLC

1550 Peachtree St NE
Atlanta, GA 30309-2402

 

December 8, 2017

 

Dear Sir or Madam:

 

I am writing to dispute the following Public Record of Bankruptcy in my file.

 

Type of Public Record: Bankruptcy

Case #: [xxxxxxxx]

Status: Discharged Chapter 7

Date: [xxxxxxxx]

 

Attached is a copy of my report with the incorrect entry circled. [photocopy of Public Records page of EQ report included.]

 

I do NOT have a discharged chapter 7 Bankruptcy in my history! This information is incorrect and I demand that you remove it from my report immediately.

 

I understand that per the Fair Credit Reporting Act, you are required to notify me of your investigation results within 30 days. Proof of my social security and identification is included to avoid any delays in your response. [I included a photocopy of my SS card and DL in order to avoid any excuses on their part.]

 

I look forward to receiving an updated copy of my credit report reflecting the deleted entry.

 

Sincerely,

 

----

I gave them no information about what it should be instead. About a week later I got a letter back from them asking for more information about how it was inaccurate. I ignored that. Then, about two weeks later I got a dispute update in the mail saying it was permanently deleted.

Began 5/17/17
EQ 621
TU 577
EX 608

Current FICO 8
EQ 767
TU 775
EX 728 - FINALLY ALL ABOVE 700!
Message 9 of 15
Valued Member

Re: BK 13 Finally deleted from all reports!

Is there a score bump when a chapter 13 shows discharged on the report from when it shows open? I know there is a bump when it falls off just was curious about discharge cause my 13 discharges anytime now
Message 10 of 15