Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK 7 / Charge-off with Capital One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BK 7 / Charge-off with Capital One

I have seen some success with folks who have included a charged off CapOne account in their BK-7 getting back in at the 1 year post charge off date.

My BK has discharged and I have 3 credit accounts (2 revolvers and 1 student loan) that have been reestablishing my credit for the past 2 months. Tempted to try CapOne tomorrow as it marks the 1 year mark since charge off. Should I wait 1 year and a day or just pull the trigger tomorrow?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BK 7 / Charge-off with Capital One

Capital One has a pre-qualifier that allows you to see if they will let you back in without a hard inquiry. It doesn't hurt to try, Ive seen people back in the day they discharged. Good luck on your credit rebuild journey!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks...My charge off was on 6-20-17 and my discharge was 2 weeks ago, so I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow. Hoping they are as forgiving to me as I have seen with others.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks...My charge off was on 6-20-17 and my discharge was 2 weeks ago, so I'm going to give it a shot tomorrow. Hoping they are as forgiving to me as I have seen with others.

Best of luck! Let us know how it went! ::fingers crossed::

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled the trigger this morning and got the 7-10 day message. I called the application status line and they said I will get a verification call in 1-2 business days.

I hope this means I'm back in!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: 2 buiness days has passed so I reached out this morning.  They gave me an "855" phone number to call in 2 -4 hours as the security department is undergoing a software update...

LOL...this the kind of hoops I can't wait to put behind me after the rebuilding processes is over...

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update 2:  Submitted requested security documents this morning at 8:30am and got a call back confirming/verifying at noon today...

APPROVED for $3,000 platnium card!  Now time to garden for the next 5 months, then app'ing for Barclay's and new vehicle!

They didn't tell me if it was on the credit steps program so I guess I will figure it out in 7-10 business days.

Is the protocal for Capital One CLI on the credit steps still:

1. Use heavy and pay in full.

2. After 3 months, request CLI.

3. Credit steps after 5 months.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.