Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK 7 DISCHARGE ADVICE

tag
Snipper117
Contributor

BK 7 DISCHARGE ADVICE

Hello all.  Just received my discharge papers.  I filed May 2020 and had it discharged September 2020.  I checked all 3 reports and I have only 1 open account (i'm a signer on my parents mortgage which they pay on time every month).  I have no collections, 0% credit usage, and my current experian fico 8 is 565.

I burned everyone, credit one, cap one, amex, barclays, discover, penfed, nfcu, paypal, boa, chase, commenity, syncrony, td bank.

I know I need a few revolvers and im happy to start with secured cards just to get the ball rolling here and I understand it'll take a while.  Any advice would be much appreciated on banks that I could apply for with a goood chance of being approved so I can get 3 revolvers reporting using the AZEO method.  I already have the installment loan(mortgage) reporting.

Thank you in advance.

10/07/2020 BK7 Discharged Papers Received
10/07/2020 FICO 8 SCORES EXP 586 EQU 610 TU 557
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Mjhall85
Frequent Contributor

Re: BK 7 DISCHARGE ADVICE

Congrats on the discharge. Is everything reporting correctly with 0 balance and IIB notation ? You did burn a lot of the big ones but Cap one is pretty forgiving. I would look at getting an open sky card and maybe use it for say 6 months then do some prequals for cap one see what comes up.NFCU will be a no go unless you pay them back the loss they incurred. Quite a few options still exist though like ollo,merrick etc. It's a marathon remember so no rush to get 3 cards right away. Best of luck!

Chapter 7 filed 2/3
Discharged 6/30

Fico 8
EQ 681 TU 671 Ex 665
Fico 4 TU 690 Fico 5 702 Fico 2 693
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BK 7 DISCHARGE ADVICE

USBank gave me a secured card when SunTrust turned me down (I learned later they require 1 year post-BK.)  When you apply with USBank, you set up an ACH transfer at the same time.  As they told me on the phone when I called with questions so many times (LOL), if they initiate the ACH, that means you're in.  As soon as the ACH gets there, you're approved.

I got the message saying "We have to process your application and we'll let you know" blah blah... But it means nothing.  Or at least in my case it only meant they're waiting for the ACH to be made good.  Good luck to you!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.