cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK Discharged, now what? Please help.

Highlighted

BK Discharged, now what? Please help.

Hi Fico Fam, 

I filed for Ch. 7 and it got discharged in January 2020.  

I opened a secured card with "OpenSky" to start rebuilding my credit in March.  

I would appreciate if someone can guide me on the way ahead of rebuilding my credit.  Thank you all in advance. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Valued Member

Re: BK Discharged, now what? Please help.

Did you pull credit reports to make sure everything is reporting how it should ? I'm waiting on discharge myself but I am gonna follow https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/td... this here to get my rebuild going. If you list out who you burned in bankruptcy and such others can chime in and help guide you better. Congrats on the discharge!

Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Welcome to MyFico. You need to pull all 3 of your credit reports make sure that all info is accurate and all accounts that you included report IIB and a $0 balance. If you can list who you burned, others can chip in and help guide you on a proper rebuild. You already have one card, for a proper mix you need 3 cards total and one installment loan. One the cards you need to PIF on 2 of them before the statements cut (a few days earlier the better for processing) and on one of the cards you want less than 8.9% of your utilization reporting. That will give you a little score bump. After that, rebuilding is nothing more that paying on time and time itself. Things have to age. Either to grow or to fall off. 

6 Months Post DC

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC
INQUIRES
Currently rebuilding. Cards aren't worth bragging about yet.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@cciabal wrote:

Hi Fico Fam, 

I filed for Ch. 7 and it got discharged in January 2020.  

I opened a secured card with "OpenSky" to start rebuilding my credit in March.  

I would appreciate if someone can guide me on the way ahead of rebuilding my credit.  Thank you all in advance. 

Welcome @cciabal 

If you could list who got burned in your BK. Then we can see whos open for business and your chances at getting approvals.

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC @ 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.