cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK Discharged, now what? Please help.

tag
Mjhall85
Frequent Contributor

Re: BK Discharged, now what? Please help.

Honestly that's a call you'd have to make, do you need to purchase a new vehicle ? If it isn't a necessity I would do one of the other installment loans like self. Jealous you live in Hawaii, perfect weather year round, it's sweltering here in Arizona.

Chapter 7 filed 2/3
Discharged 6/30

Fico 8
EQ 681 TU 671 Ex 665
Fico 4 TU 690 Fico 5 702 Fico 2 693
Message 11 of 27
cciabal
Established Member

@Mjhall85 I appreciate the honest advice.  

It definitley has its pros and cons.  When it's hot here, its so humid. haha. 

Message 12 of 27
Mjhall85
Frequent Contributor

@cciabal but the ocean makes it alright with the humidity. I know once my chapter 7 is discharged i'll be buying a car a couple months later. Hopefully some others chime in to help you out. Lot's of helpful people on here.

Chapter 7 filed 2/3
Discharged 6/30

Fico 8
EQ 681 TU 671 Ex 665
Message 13 of 27
cciabal
Established Member

@Mjhall85 right on!  It was such a relief after mines got discharged.  Thank you again for your help.  I really appreciate it.  

I know your 7 will get discharged soon, wish you the best of luck. 

Message 14 of 27
Mjhall85
Frequent Contributor

Glad I could help some, part of reason I joined this forum many others have helped me and still do. I got a count down for my discharge on my phone 31 more days to go!

Chapter 7 filed 2/3
Discharged 6/30

Fico 8
EQ 681 TU 671 Ex 665
Message 15 of 27
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@cciabal Sorry it took so long to get back to you, Been a tad busy. Yes you can go for Cap1. Stay away from the QS1 and the $39 AF. Plat will be fine and in 3 months you can upgrade to the Quicksilver then get 1.5% cash back as you would for the QS1 with no fee.

Then give it 6 months and try for a Disco card. Secured is just as good. It will graduate to a regular card. Let is know how it went.

Message 16 of 27
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

Here are the Capital One and Discover prequalification links: https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/prequalify/ 

https://www.discovercard.com/application/website/prequal?pfr2=true&adobe_mc_sdid=SDID%3D76794CB689D4...

Just as an FYI, any cards backed by Chase are off limits until your BK falls off your credit reports. For America Express, you have to wait till your BK discharge date is 5 years and 1 month old. I wish you luck!

Message 17 of 27
DisputeQueen
Established Member

I have a chapter 7 that I filed in Feb 2011 and mine is still on there.  How did you get yours removed already? I filed mine in Oregon, but now I live in Las Vegas. Does the state I filed or live in matter?

Thank you!

Message 18 of 27
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

@DisputeQueen wrote:

I have a chapter 7 that I filed in Feb 2011 and mine is still on there.  How did you get yours removed already? I filed mine in Oregon, but now I live in Las Vegas. Does the state I filed or live in matter?

Thank you!

@DisputeQueen Ch7 will stay on your credit report for 10 yrs. Since you are quite close to having it age off, you can start to prepare to do an EE/Early Exclusion. You can do Trans at 6 months, Experian at 3 months and Equifax at 1 month. But do not do Equifax as they can't boil water and will make it worse so wait the last month and let it age off naturally.

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 19 of 27
cciabal
Established Member

@soxfaininfl Thnak you! I'll check it out. 

I never had Chase nor American Express, so that's a good thing right? 

@soxfaininfl wrote:

Here are the Capital One and Discover prequalification links: https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/prequalify/ 

https://www.discovercard.com/application/website/prequal?pfr2=true&adobe_mc_sdid=SDID%3D76794CB689D4...

Just as an FYI, any cards backed by Chase are off limits until your BK falls off your credit reports. For America Express, you have to wait till your BK discharge date is 5 years and 1 month old. I wish you luck!

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.