Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK Friendly Credit Union

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BK Friendly Credit Union

Tried to join a local CU and was denied due to Chexsystems.  Ordered report and only the BK shows.  Can anyone recommend a BK friendly CU?  I am in the DC area. Thank you!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
MarylynMonroe
Valued Member

Re: BK Friendly Credit Union

Do you have any military affiliation?

BK Discharge: 8/2015

Starting Score: EX 526 EQ 495 TU 444
Current Score: EX 601 EQ 578 TU 600
Goal Score: All 750 and above

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, but we did burn NFCU

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Learn something new everyday. I didn't know BK was a factor in becoming a member in CU's.

Message 4 of 10
holmesnmanny
Contributor

Unless this is a new thing I don't recall Chexsystems reporting BK's in their reports. I know if you send them your BK discharge papers they will delete any and all entries. 

I did this and was immediately able to get accounts with any bank that didn't pull an Early Warning report(namely the big 5 national banks, Citibank declined my application as a result). Early Warning is what they big 5 national banks use because Chexsystems is nice enough to delete entries, which they aren't really required to do, but do anyhow.

After pulling my Early Warning they told me they wouldn't delete entries, just update them as included in bankruptcy so I didn't even bother since I will just only open accounts in the future that didn't use Early Warning. I was trying to get the new account bonus with Citibank. Smiley Happy It was like $250 or something lol 

Pro Se Chapter 7 discharged July 2015
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit union is RBFCU (Randolph Brooks Federal Credit Union). They're in Texas. I had no issues opening my account with them after clearing my Chexsystems, which I was able to do with my BK7 discharge papers. They are a little too conservative for my needs, however. I am looking for another CU to work with if anyone has suggestions..

Thanks for the Early Warning advice. I've never heard of Early Warning, so I had no idea about the larger banks using them in the verification process. I will keep that in mind!

Message 6 of 10
holmesnmanny
Contributor

http://rebuildcreditscores.com/early-warning-services/

Here u go here
Pro Se Chapter 7 discharged July 2015
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

VIBE Credit Union

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

qpitts810-

Thanks for the reply! Do you have any experience with Vibe? Have you applied for any of their products?

Message 9 of 10
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Can you tell me in which way Randolph Brooks was too conservative? someone reccommended them to me today? 

Did you try their Credit builder loan? 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.