Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK Pre-planning? Help?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BK Pre-planning? Help?

My wife and I ran into deep, deeeeeep debt. It’s out of control.
(Too many CCs, lines of credit...its B A D y’all. Real bad) anyways, So much so we are now considering filing for BK....we’ve had to let all CCs go because we cant afford them on top of our regular bills.
We plan on meeting an attorney the first of the year Jan 2020 (that’s when my legal plan starts—it pays for a BK attorney thankfully!) my wife and I think that paying off our Ashley’s furniture (synchrony) balance til PIF is a good idea to feel like we’ve at least done some good-we have 500$ left) but reading some forums it seems like that wouldn’t be advised especially since we can’t afford any other CCs/lines of credit...?

What advice/steps should we be taking leading up to meeting with an attorney and filing? I’ve been researching and reading so much to educate myself but doesn’t hurt to ask “what did you do before you met an attorney?”
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BK Pre-planning? Help?

@letmeholdadollah -

@pizza1's post will answer all of your questions. Good luck!

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/BK7-Guide-Filing-to-Discharge-What-to-expect/td-p/567966...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.