Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK and Future

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BK and Future

I recently filed for BK and waiting for my discharge. What should I expect and how can I better improve my FICO score even with BK?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: BK and Future

well the first step would be to read the credit 101 thread here and then pull your credit reports and scores and see what is there.  Then you can clean up the reports so they reflect accurately.  It depends on where you were at when you filed where you start after you file.  I was in the toilet so to speak, so I had to start with the bottom feeder cards like First Premier and Orchard.  However they are good to get you going.  Then you just never pay late, always PIF after the statement date and before the bill due date.  If you had a mortgage payment or car payment that survives your BK, you will want to be sure that they will report your on time payments.  Many times, once you file, all reporting stops and it will just show IIB on your credit report.  That is accurate and so really can't be disputed.  And could make the clean up a little slower.  Just be aware that the process is slow. 
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BK and Future

Thanks for the information. I had 3 judgements against me. 1 was from and apartment complex, cc, and the other my homeowner s' association of all people. But as soon as the BK was filed they stopped the liens on my accounts. But not without my bank charging me legal order fees even after that fact of filing. I am glad I am getting a new start. I reaffirmed my cc from my credit union and my car notes. This should help me in rebuilding what was lost in lack of credit education and pure stupiditiy. The advice on here is great. Thanks.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.