Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK and credit scores?

tag
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

BK and credit scores?

My BK was discharged exactly 2 years ago. I have had some great changes to my credit score since the highest was 495 post-BK. A few months ago, it was 648. I was thinking of pulling my score just to see what it was at the 2-year mark. Is there a credit score increase for the BK being 2, 3, 4, etc. years old? Thanks!
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

Re: BK and credit scores?

Anyone?
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 2 of 5
TigerCat
Valued Member

I've been wondering the same thing dallas, but I won't know for sure until I pull my scores later this month. That's when I hit the 2 year mark myself.

Message 3 of 5
granny031350
Established Contributor

in one of the other forums, someone indicated that on the fico report it stated "PR is older and has less effect on score"  but I have never seen that and my filing was in 2005.  I think it hurts til it falls off.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't get points for having a BK. What you will get over time is a gradual increase in score as you rebuild positive tradelines. Some lenders will give you credit immediately and some won't give you the time of day. For those of you rebuilding credit, be selective as possible. The key is getting positive tradelines while getting rid of negative tradelines. Study these forums and learn. Your scores will take care of themselves. Join credit unions... get secure credit cards.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.