Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK drops today, score increased 80 pts

tag
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

BK drops today, score increased 80 pts

Hi to all, 

While I am still a newbie, I have read a lot on this forum.  In my reading I know a lot of people have asked how much does your score increase after a bk drops off of your report.  Well, mine dropped off today and I am very happy to report that my score increased 80 pts on one of my reports.  Needless to say, I was a little shocked and very happy.  I know this increase isnt carved in stone for everyone, but I just thought I would share it and hope that it helps in some way.  

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: BK drops today, score increased 80 pts

Hi, So much Congratulations to you I am waiting for my BK to fall off in June for TU and July for EQ it has already came off of my EX report but who can tell what my score is now where you cannot get a true fico score anymore, could you let the forum know what cr your BK came off as of today, maybe I should check my TU and EQ.  Once again Congrats.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Wow! WTG!
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you stated that the bk dropped off, do you mean dropped completely off your report or do you mean that it had reached the two year discharge date?? If you do mean that it dropped off, as in completely deleted from your credit report, do you remember how your score was affected when you reached your two year discharge date?
Message 4 of 17
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Hi Tray,  Thanks for the congrats.  I found out from my credit union when I was  there on other business.  It was from EX.  It was a long 10 yrs, well they took it off 2 months early.  So now I am waiting for EQ and TU, they are suppose to drop off by July 1.  I am still on cloud nine getting rid of that heavy load of 10 yrs.  I know you will be just as happy when yours drops off too.  And an early congrats to you too.  thanks again for the congrats.
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 5 of 17
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Hi gettingitright.

The bk dropped off completely from ex, 2 months shy of 10 yrs.  I can not tell you what my score was way back at the 2 yr time because I was not following my credit reports or scores at that time.  All I can tell you is that when the credit union pulled my ex in march of this year my  score was 703.  When the bk dropped off a couple of days ago it went to 783.  Needless to say, I was surprised and elated.  I cant wait to see what my FICO scores will be come July 1st when my bk drops off of EQ and TU.   I am hoping they wont drag it out beyond that date.  Hope this  info helps you and the other members. 

Message Edited by Imhotrodcrazy on 05-14-2009 04:04 PM
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
last app 2/15
Message 6 of 17
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Hi IIlecs

Thanks for the congrats.  I am pumped up!!  I have my sites on the big 800 now.  I never thought I would get this far.  Getting my first secured cc helped too.  That took me from I think 672 to 703.  When the other two cra's drop my bk's, I am going shopping for a couple more cc's.  Smiley Wink 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
last app 2/15
Message 7 of 17
Dee2
New Contributor

Wow!  That's something to look forward too.  Congratulations!!!!!

My Chaper 7 BK was dischared in 2002 and I can't wait for it to fall off.  Just a few more years to go. I've done a good job at rebuilding my credit these past 7 years and now up to 708.   You've given me something to look forward to. 

You've done a fantastic job and should be very proud.

~Dee

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

this is good news!!im happy to hear this..
Message Edited by llecs on 05-29-2009 01:40 PM
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

was it worth it for you to file BK? i am debating....i know you said you waited that 10 years with anticipation for it to come off your report. while on your report did it prevent you from many things that you wish you knew or were you in a better situation be debt free?
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.