cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK fell off EQ today!!! - 70 pt score boost!

tag
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

BK fell off EQ today!!! - 70 pt score boost!

My 7/2002 BK fell off my EQ report today. My last EQ Fico was 3/13, and was 703, as of today it is 773!!! Finally, no more BK reporting! It fell off EX last week, but I have no way to get that score. I have been told that TU is last to fall off. I will report back when it does.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Comet21
Regular Contributor

Re: BK fell off EQ today!!! - 70 pt score boost!

I see you have AMEX cards. I thought AMEX did not approve any BK's. Also, did you include them in your BK?

Starting Score: TU 477 EQ 533 BK 1/27/2012
Current Score: EX 702 TU 681 EQ 652 1/10/2014
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 23
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

No, AMEX was not included in my BK.

I have 4 AMEX's now ( got first in 2007). I have a 2002 BK. When my Mom passed away, and I called to report this to AMEX and close the account, they allowed me to keep her acct. They sent me a credit app to fill out and send back to transfer the account to my name. This was a Green card. They did do a credit pull, on EX. I am absolutely sure they know of the BK, because it has been cited by AMEX as a reason why I did not receive The top tier interest rate when I received my most recent card (BCP). I can't imagine that they would give me a card based on someone else's credit (my Mom's) when they KNOW that person is deceased, and without considering the credit- worthiness of the individual.

I upgraded the Green card to a Gold PR in 2009, rec'd the Delta Gold in 2010, Amexx HH in 2011, and BCP in 2/2012.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Message 3 of 23
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome!

Message 4 of 23
sewmuchdebt
Regular Contributor

Smiley LOL

great news!

Starting Score: EQ 505 jul09
Current Score: EQ 702 TU 693 EX 692 apr12
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great news and those of us in the same boat can imagine what it feels like.  I am at  707 Fico and am hoping for the same kind of jump when mine falls off in March 2013.

Message 6 of 23
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

So, my BK fell off of TU today, not 70 pts, but not too shabby....from 709 in March to 753 today! Just relieved to finally see all clean reports. Remarks given for why score was not higher are : " too many accts with a balance" (I have two account that I don't use regularly Macy's, & Lowes) that I made small purchases in the last week ($49 and $84) inadvertently report balances. Other reason was " too many new accounts" 3 accts opened in last year ( Nordstrom 8/11, Citi 2/12, and car purchase 2/12). As time goes on, I am sure the TU will rise. Update: Walmart FICO updated, score went from 745 to 790!

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats great news. I cant wait to have my report be completely "clean"

Message 8 of 23
hotpoint
Regular Contributor

emptypockets . . . Congrats, and thanks for the post.  You have nice CL.  My BK ( will fall next year.  It fell from EX during the end of last year.  BTW, you can pull your EX and get a Vantage Plus Score, which I am sure will be off the charts considering your success. I am strongly considering the AMEX, but no inquiries for the last 4 years so I am researching for the best fit.

Keep on the path.

HotPoint

680 TU 5.2012

682 EQ 5.2012

780 EX 5.2012

Message 9 of 23
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Finally total freedom this!  Congrats! Smiley Very Happy

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.