cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK friendly cards, PayPal master card?

tag
Jmjm2530
Valued Member

Re: BK friendly cards, PayPal master card?

@FireMedic1 Indeed and thanks for the advice. I am definitely trying to stay away from secured cards. Do you think I should just go for the Credit one amex now or wait until the 13 month mark for a third card like that road to 700 plan in 24 months or less states ?

Message 61 of 70
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Its not a vulture card from them. You have to get to 3 for the FICO mix. I never say yes. Well you said...... nope. It does lead to a much better chance than PP for an approval. Its up to you. But waiting that long for a card is time wasted for a rebuild. Yes slow and steady. We all had to start from the bottom and work up. Took me over 6 yrs as my siggy says. That blob below is all from here reading and learning. To finish. Were not getting any younger. Ya know? Smiley Happy

Message 62 of 70
Jmjm2530
Valued Member

@FireMedic1 Yeah I went for it got approved for the credit one amex 2k limit No AF. Now I have three cards and can keep doing what I'm doing and go for the PayPal next in 4-5 months.

Message 63 of 70
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Boom! Congrats. The foundation is set. Now it begins and off you go. Every 6 months check pre-qual's. Once I got where your at now is this. Once I hit 700. Next card. Points lost. Back to 700+. Next card. Eventually you'll get higher 700 scores and then when the new card comes in and the new account hits. It will be above 700 as a base. Good luck on road to recovery. You got this.

Message 64 of 70
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Today's USPS mail notification shows I'll be getting pre-approved offers from Credit One and Milestone. It didn't take long for them to start rolling in. For me, I went with secured cards to get the rebuild rolling. TD Bank ($5K),  Open Sky ($3K) and will be applying for Andrews FCU Monday ($2K). I knew I'd be approved for them. Open Sky and Andrews are no credit check and I wanted to start with decent limits. TD Bank will graduate, the other two will be replaced with better cards at some point. But for now, they will serve their purpose to get me to the next level. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 65 of 70
sihmud
Regular Contributor

@Jmjm2530 not sure if your still seeking information. I was approved for PayPal casback Mastercard 10 mins ago lol. Low SL $700 but I'm only 3 months post BK7 discharge.

hole this helped!

Message 66 of 70
Jmjm2530
Valued Member

@sihmud Nice!! congrats on your approval. What were your scores when you applied? Yeah I'm still interested I might apply later this year I have three cards now so waiting some time.

Message 67 of 70
Jmjm2530
Valued Member

@FireMedic1 Quick update, my regular QS card I got a random CLI to 5k from 2.5k few weeks ago and they are sending me a new card in the mail since they upgraded me to a world elite master card from what they told me on the phone. I guess with cap one using your card a ton and paying it off right away helps. I use it everyday.

Message 68 of 70
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I checked my reports this morning. My Andrews secured card already started reporting so that gave me 17 points on my EX score. I have to wait until next week to get new scores on creditchecktotal. I somehow clicked on paying for a membership there so I have to wait until after that expires to refresh. But those 17 points are the first steps to 700+.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 69 of 70
sihmud
Regular Contributor

@Jmjm2530 

Scores when applied were 

EXP 8: 643
TU 8: 638 

TU 9: 638

they pulled transunion. Not sure what version but assuming either 8 or 9  

Message 70 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.