Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK friendly or not

tag
2Bfree
Regular Contributor

BK friendly or not

Can anyone tell me if Dell Financial or CareCredit is BK friendly? I applied to Dell in May 07 denied but my scores was really low and I did not know that they was in the high 400's to low 500's. I need some credit revolving credit. BK 12/2006 DC 3/07 AND lost at who I should try.  II tried Dillard's online and was denied with scores in around 560 reason code: BK.  Tried CapitalOne om 1/8 online receive a letter in the mail on 17th stateS the terms of my new acct if application is approved.  States that decision on my application will be forwarded shortly.  Do this means a denial?  List a number should I call or wait it out?   If I am denied should I try to reconsider the decision? Look at the whogavemecrdit.com but was not sure if I should try Carecredit.  Need to have a procedure done within a few weeks.  I did not try Target due to I included them in my BK. I thought about Macy's I had an old acct about 15 yrs ago that was in good standing when closed it. Think I should try to re=open it or try to open another acct?

My score EQ:581 LOOKING TO HAVE 3 OLD BADDIES REMOVE WAIT FOR THEM TO BE REPORTED TO THE CR.
img src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/i
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Re: BK friendly or not

carecredit was bk friendly for me, i was wondering about dell credit too but haven't heard or read anything
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a list of BK-friendly cards on the credit card forum here. I was offered Orchard before I was even discharged, and Cap One 2 months after. I never sought them out, offers just started coming in. None were higher limits though - both under $500 to start I think - and my scores were higher than yours. It took 6 months - 1 year before they increased the CL's and that's with prompt payment, etc. Do NOT take any cards with annual fees if you can avoid them. They'll haunt you. I have 10+ cards, and only my very first Orchard has an AF - so within a few months of discharge, I had offers for no fee cards. That Orchard is closing this year...

If there is a phone number on the Cap 1 letter you got, can't hurt to call and see what you find out. Dillards isn't really BK friendly from my experience...

Of course, the credit situation has changed a little since 2004 when I filed... possible they're not being as free with offers now with those who have filed.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would stay away from department store cards. They tend to have higher interest rates. After filing bk, I opened a Household bank card ($300 cl) and a Credit One card ($1,000 cl). After 2 years I was able to open a Washington Mutual card ($2,500 cl). Good luck!
Message 4 of 11
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

after looking at whogavemecredit i dont dell is bk friendly,i know care is bc i have them..
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 5 of 11
zep
Valued Member

Dell Finance is powered by City Financial. If they turn you down, City will contact you and if approved, they will offer limited credit at about 30% APR.
Message 6 of 11
shequana
New Visitor

hi,

Dell is bankrupty friendly, dc in 2006, opened dell account 11/07, $1,500 limit.
Message 7 of 11
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Care Credit is BK friendly, but score driven to determine CL.
takin' it one day at a time
Message 8 of 11
2Bfree
Regular Contributor

Was your fico score over 570 may I ask? Because I file BK 12/06 and tried to open a Dell account 5/07 and was denied first credit I applied for after the BK.  My score was very low after I pull my report after tring for the Dell acct.
Message 9 of 11
2Bfree
Regular Contributor

May I ask what your scores look like at the time.  I later viewed my scores after applying and the was very low.  I have not applied for anything after I file BK, so when I tried Dell they was the first after filing the BK.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.