Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK7 Accounts on Transunion reporting IIB and keyed derogatory

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BK7 Accounts on Transunion reporting IIB and keyed derogatory

I have been following The Myfico playbook for establishing credit after bankruptcy and I have a glitch. It appears that the bankruptcy or the credit lines are supposed to be IIB, Zero balance and current. Transunion is IIB, Zero balance and Derogatory. They state the line is IIB and Derogatory. Do I have options?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BK7 Accounts on Transunion reporting IIB and keyed derogatory

Hi, Wegmanarts! BK is a derogatory, so I don't think you can change that. Just make sure that none of them are keyed as delinquent. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually the MyFico playbook specifies that the tradelines are to be IIB zero balance. Further research comes up that no cra can key an IIB line as derogatory because IIB in of iself is derogatory. Caselaw upbolds.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, then I guess I'm the wrong person to chime in. Cheers!
Message 4 of 7
holmesnmanny
Contributor

There just can't be any lates or chargeoffs after the filing date. The status itself has to be IIB the month after the discharge date with IIB and no balance and current every month after the discharge date. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/Copy-of-FTC-Staff-Opinion-Letter-re-No-reporting-of-Charg...

The above thread shows there can't be any lates or chargeoffs after the filing date but I'm not so sure the three CRA's follow that to the T. You have to bug them. 

Pro Se Chapter 7 discharged July 2015
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My issue isn't charge off. It's keying an IIB account derogatory. In the MyFico forum it states that a tradeline can only state "IIB, ZERO BALANCE" Botn Experian and Equifax have those correct. Transunion has :IIB, ZERO BALANCE AND STATUS KEY DEROGATORY" which in researching states the "key" Derogatory must be removed.
Message 6 of 7
Scupra
Super Contributor

You can try submitting disputes and ask for the wording to be removed.. They are not allowed to report any negative information after the BK file date. IIB tradelines are negative though.. When I was working on my reports and getting my IIB accounts removed, I saw a score bump every time. I think your time would be better spent adding positive reporting TL's and making sure no new negatives report.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.