Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK7: Discharged Now What?

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: BK7: Discharged Now What?

Congrats. Whats your credit limit and are you enrolled in Credit Steps? Slow and steady for now.

Message 11 of 15
Sercaasi

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Congrats. Whats your credit limit and are you enrolled in Credit Steps? Slow and steady for now.

My limit is $500 and I am not enrolled in credit steps. You suggest to enroll? 

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many good suggestions here.  I would also say that there are many good secured cards.  Only go for secured cards from major lenders like Discover, US Bank, or credit unions.  Lenders like CreditOne or any of the ones that send you junk mail should be avoided at all cost.  Opensky is the exception if you can't get a major lender to approve.  Also I wouldn't put more than $200 or $300 into a secured card.  Most credible secured credit card lenders don't want to keep your money on deposit so if they do that for more than six to eight months you should think about closing that card assuming you can get more unsecured cards along the way.  Citibank is by far the worst secured option, as they can keep deposits for years.  Their CS provides no details about when they unsecure or using what criteria.      

Message 13 of 15
Sercaasi

Thanks for the suggestion! I will be sticking with the cap one platinum secured for a while, since I've already signed up for it. But will keep an eye out on more options as I go on this rebuilding journey. If there is any other advice feel free to let me know and others know on this thread!

Message 14 of 15
Sercaasi

So far I only signed up for Capone plat unsecured. I made the mistake to get an secured card though Smiley Frustrated

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.