cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK7 done..Moving on, yea!

tag
NoDebt4Me2

Re: BK7 done..Moving on, yea!

Thanks @FireMedic1  Lost a few things and also on payment plans with the IRS. But so much more realistic than the almost $100k debt. The world was a very dark place for the past couple years. And per your advice my new Chase checking acct did not freeze my acct during the process. The reaffirmation through Penfed was a God send 4.89%. And that new 3k cl gives me hope. Although just one lol. I was 100% current up until my date of filing, so maybe that's why it was easier.

Message 11 of 16
NoDebt4Me2

Thanks for the encouragement. I feel bad for burning the trophy tiers of credit. But I was one step away from losing much much more. I have a different outlook and yes researching other credit unions. My reaffirmation loan does report and plus the new credit card soon. Not sure I need a loan but maybe a 2nd and 3rd CC. Waiting for now. Scores are horrible 

Message 12 of 16
NoDebt4Me2

Late reply. But it depends on your state. I knew I was going to file as of late last year. Just wasn't sure on the date. I accepted a lower paying job by accident and avoided chapter 13 wink almost a year in advance. I had already lost most equity I had, and after my 341. Obviously your homestead exemptions play a part. And whether you are married or are a single household. I wouldn't have filed unless I had too. It's up to you. Just be prepared to lose assets if required. Can you pay off your debt in whole within 3-5 years or not? If not definitely a free consultation is in order.

Message 13 of 16
NoDebt4Me2

Yeah thx, almost all the mailers have been car dealerships.But my reaffirmation that went through was at less than 5%, car still worth the over the amount. Skipping the Creditones, Milestones etc. Lucked out with the Mission Lane so just waiting for now. Going to be a waiting game 

Message 14 of 16
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@NoDebt4Me2 wrote:

Thanks for the encouragement. I feel bad for burning the trophy tiers of credit. But I was one step away from losing much much more. I have a different outlook and yes researching other credit unions. My reaffirmation loan does report and plus the new credit card soon. Not sure I need a loan but maybe a 2nd and 3rd CC. Waiting for now. Scores are horrible 

Nope. You got one. Thats all is needed. Spread out the card apps. Say evry 4-6 months. Slow and steady wins the race.

Message 15 of 16
SSTT2005
New Visitor

Best of luck on your rebuild. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.