Did you mean: 

BK7 rebuilding journey - need advice

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: BK7 rebuilding journey - need advice

@Anonymous wrote:
I had a question Phoenixupward. I am post bk7 discharge (08/18/18) I've pulled my reports but some are showing charge off and not iib how would you go about disputing because I tried online and I couldnt figure it out.

Since your way past your 30 days after DC. First call the creditor and have them fix it. Then make a copy and give it to your lawyer showing negative comments on your reports which is against the BK laws. They can file a complaint to the court. And the creditor or CRA can be fined $1000 plus cort/attorney fees in your favor for violating the BK codes.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really appreciate the advice I was able to join navy federal last week. Yesterday a rep from there called an welcomed me and helped me set up my online banking and answered a lot of questions that I had bout NFCU. I just got a regular savings and I am having x amount of dollars come out of my paycheck to go in there just as a saving to start for my emergency fund. My discharge date is mid November so I will take your advice and wait till January to make sure everything is showing correctly. Since I have a car loan, mortgage payment, and I am an authorized user on 2 cards( payments are perfect really low utl) do you think I should get a shared secure loan for six months and a secured credit card all at the same time to have a good mix on my report? Also my wife is in the same exact situation except the mortgage don’t show up on her report. She is an au on a credit card and has an unsecured card on her report and a car loan. Her scores are across the board in the 650 and mine is in the 570 across the board.
Message 12 of 14
Phoenixupward
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on joining Navy Fed.  I really, really like them and you will as well.   Once  your credit report has been updated.  I would take 200 dollars and obtain a secure credit card.   I secured a credit card from them in January 2019 for 200 dollars and it was unsecured June 2019 for a 2k sl.   Both you and your wife already have installment accounts that satisfies the credit mix.  So your recovery should be fine.  My student loans were definitely beneficial to my recovery.   Just continue to save, save, save, save and save 💰💰💰.  Cash is and will always be King.   Also, be mindful of the time of year in which expenses will and/can escalate.  For example, I'm aware that September tends to be a heavy spending month for me.   For some, it's December since it's Christmas, it may be June. (Vacation).   Prepare for the expected and the unexpected.   
 Good luck and God bless.

Message 13 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I really appreciate the advice I was able to join navy federal last week. Yesterday a rep from there called an welcomed me and helped me set up my online banking and answered a lot of questions that I had bout NFCU. I just got a regular savings and I am having x amount of dollars come out of my paycheck to go in there just as a saving to start for my emergency fund. My discharge date is mid November so I will take your advice and wait till January to make sure everything is showing correctly. Since I have a car loan, mortgage payment, and I am an authorized user on 2 cards( payments are perfect really low utl) do you think I should get a shared secure loan for six months and a secured credit card all at the same time to have a good mix on my report? Also my wife is in the same exact situation except the mortgage don’t show up on her report. She is an au on a credit card and has an unsecured card on her report and a car loan. Her scores are across the board in the 650 and mine is in the 570 across the board.

You only need 1 installment loan reporting for the FICO rebuild bonus. You both have 1 loan. So it wont do any good. After the smoke clears once the DC and all accounts say 0 balance. The goal is to have at least 3 revolvers. Do that over a 6-8 month period. Dont rush it. Let each card rebound after it hits your reports. And then your off to your rebuild. Any questions during that time. Feel free to ask. Good Luck!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.