Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK7 to NFCU FHA in 2 yr journey

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BK7 to NFCU FHA in 2 yr journey

Hello all, i have posted a couple times but this is an update. I filed for BK7 in 2017, and discharged in feb 2018. I learned a wealth of information from these boards and i am closing in on my ultimate goal of an NFCU FHA mortgage in 2020. I have to celebrate today with my new CC additions, as i also say goodnight to Credit one. So this is my current list...

Cap 1 QS 3500 8 months

Kohls AU (survived BK) 2000 aprox 5 yrs

Catherines Credit AU just increased to 3000 also survived BK

Petland 2400 6 mon

OLLO 2400 aprox 15 months

Self lender almost paid off

cap 1 auto loan 4 month

New arrivals

Cap 1 saver 1000 last week

NFCU rewards 7500 (today)

Last i checked a couple weeks ago mid mortgage score was 688 last inquire didnt even ding me and was TU

I am so excited to pull the trigger on a mortgage in feb 2020!

All the reading said the max NFCU would do is 1000 with it being less then 2 yr post BK so the 7500 is a shock but i am so happy! thanks to all for the help on the boards!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BK7 to NFCU FHA in 2 yr journey

Sounds like you're on the right! You don't need anymore credit account to rebuild with. You have plenty! I also wouldn't get any more INQ or new accounts at least 6-9 months prior to getting pre-approval. Congrats on your success!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Watchdog9981 - Please keep us updated.  I've just started my process with the same goals in mind.

Message 3 of 6
irep88

what is ur interest rate for the auto loan

Message 4 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If your going for a home loan. Like @pizza1 said. Hit the brakes! Thats enough for now. More accounts dont mean higher scores. You may want to check your current mortgage scores on here now and when it comes time to look for a home loan. Its garden time and the next HP is for a house only. But no more apps. Good Luck!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, sorry for the delayed responce. So first the cap 1 auto, that i started with the navigator to get, and ended up being the best by far in terms, is 10.47% which isnt great, but the dealer really worked with me and took almost 2k off the price to hit my payment. I have also done some cleaning up  on my credit, with the 2 recent cards i am hopeing to recoop the loss of about 5 points in inquires. I closed Credit one, as i never use it, the AF is pointless, and they limit has barely budged in the last year. They didnt argue much about closing, did offer 200 in CLI and a $15 account credit, but i still closed it. It felt good it serbed its purpose but i am past that point. So here is where i am at...

Kohls 200 AU, survived BK so its the oldest card

Cathrines AU 3000 survived BK so is almost as old as Kohls

Credit one CLOSED!

Ollo 2400  post BK

QS 3500 about 9 months old

Saver new 1000

NFCU rewards 7500 newest

NFCU cloc 500

NFCU savings loan paid off since i have the car for loan purpose now

self will be paid off in dec/jan depending on when i pay it off 500 first loan post BK

I was going to keep the NFCU loan for loan reasons, but then had to get a new vehicle, so thats why i paid it off. Self wont be around once i apply for FHA in Feb at the 2 yr post BK mark.

Also removed myself from 2 "newish" cards as an AU to reduce "new" accounts

TU has 20 inquires, EQ and EX have more like 7 not sure any will fall off prior to FHA

CK says TU 700 EQ 703 i know My fico was more in the 680-695 ranges with EX being like a 645 for some reason. Few late payments reporting in BK, as when i filed i was told to stop paying  bbut 100% on time since. UTI is 0% with only a small balance, under $20 on one card. Going in the garden for now... planning a spree after i get a house, only getting cards i can use. Thinking Lowes for the house, and i know they give really useful limits. Amazon, just because its amazon lol prefer the store for finance options maybe another NFCU maybeamex? dont travel so travel is not worth it, maybe plat just to have a low rate for any balance i may need to carry in the future  not sure on that one. Would like care credit back but burned in BK, along with Lowes  getting taken with a 0 bal in bk so dont know if they will come back. Discover pre approvel says i have 2 offers, even burned them in BK also. And maybe best buy, again for financing option dont shop there alot but could come in handy at times. Figure once i have the keys to the house, ap spree  and then garden for a while , of course also throw in cli requests and try to bump up cloc. Middle mortgage score recently was 688 prior to changes so hope it wont get too effected. Plan on paying off the vehicle asap, and getting "good" credit, and save a down for a nice vehicle with 0 rate so i can eventually have a house and a paid off car that doesnt need worked on all the time. I will post an update later this year, and document my FHA journey. Thanks to the boards for all the info, i think my credit is almost better then it has ever been even prior to BK!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.