cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BKR 7 has been DC, what cards should I apply for to rebuild?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BKR 7 has been DC, what cards should I apply for to rebuild?

My CH7 was DC a few months ago and 

I was able to get cap 1 quicksilver with a 3.7k CL and a Cap1 Venture rewards with a 5k CL.

I also was able to get a HSBC plat with a 3.5K CL.

The only card I really like is the Venture rewards for the 2x's points.

My dad added me as a authorized user on a Chase Sapphire with a $35k CL, which helped me boost my score.

Any other cards I should attempt to get to build credit?

I would really like an Amex card and Chase Sapphire, but it looks like it will be a few years.

My current TU is 650, Exp is 705 and Equifax is 701.

I burned all major cards in my BKR, Chase, Amex, Citi, Discover. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: BKR 7 has been DC, what cards should I apply for to rebuild?

AMEX you won't get unless you pay them back in full, and even then its 5 yrs and 1 month post file date before you will be given a chance.

Chase....forget it. Minimum 7 yrs, and now maybe longer due to their new BK policy, that BK has to be off the reports.

Citi.....Citi retail side you could possibly get in with in a year, but Citi Legacy side, forget it. 4-7 yrs min for a legacy card.

Discover....Will be kinda weird them, since you burned them. But, folks are now getting a CC with them 2-12 months post DC. Check their prequal site, and see if they offer you anything. If they show a Congrats, and a FIRM APR, not a range, then go for it.
Message 2 of 3
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: BKR 7 has been DC, what cards should I apply for to rebuild?

Amex and Chase are out of th question, citi as well.

You have amazing lines for just being duscharged, I would stick with what you have for awhile. You really don't need too many cards that quickly. 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.