Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back on the chopping block.

tag
Superk88
Regular Contributor

Re: hoRe: Back on the chopping block.

So just got back from speaking with a lawyer. He said best thing to do with my current income is to Surrender everything. Do a 3 year plan and rough calcualtions he is thinking of a 500-700 payment dependin on what expenses look like and what not.

2 issues arose. 1 income...we may have to wait another month to get my job more accounted for so my income is more accurate. I lost my old job and I was averaging 5k a month, my new one is 3800ish. 

2nd issue is Transportation. He said now days it is extremely hard for the trustee to approve an auto loan. He recomended paying cash for a car which I would have to save up extremely for, go to a buy here pay here lot. OR attemp to get a small loan on a vehicle now before filing.

There is still a small part of me that just wants to fight this debt and do it on my own...but putting the numbers down I don't think i can ever climb out

Message 21 of 29
hashtag
Valued Member

Re: Back on the chopping block.

Would Your fiance not be ok with cosigning to get you out of this mess? If you tackle it together, live on a budget and count every dollar it will certainly make your relationship stronger. That said, with your history you would have to be extremely committed to carrying out the plan. 

With her help, you would be out of this situation in 12-15 months just on your income alone. If she helps with her income, possibly even sooner. The upside to this is that you won't have to file and in 2-3 years your original BK falls off which will allow you guys to get a much needed mortgage loan. If you file, thats another 7 years from now. 

My suggestion is to swallow your pride and get the cosign from her or your mother. Just make absolutely certain that you do not let them down.

Good job on the changes made thus far though! At least you took action.

C7 Filed: 5/17/19
341: 7/1/19
Message 22 of 29
Superk88
Regular Contributor

Thank you. Yeah I think im.gonna go visit my mom and my grandparents just to see what they would help me with. Next would be figure out how much of a loan I need to get out of this mess.

I don't know what to do because if they can't help then I'm screwed. 

My Fiance pays all of the rent, then she has her car payments she doesn't have much left to go around at all. She doesn't want me filing chapter 13 at all, but this debt is starting to put strain on our relationship.

Message 23 of 29
hashtag
Valued Member

Thats why I suggest she should help you cosign so you can be past this in 12-15 months with your income. She will appreciate you hustling and making up for mistakes as opposed to filing again. Just my thoughts. 

Message 24 of 29
Superk88
Regular Contributor

New update...if anyone seen in the Smorgasboard section I have a new job comming up where my income should increase...drastically. Bad news everything this month will probrably fall 30 days past due. I don't have enough cash coming in right now to go around it seems. Current job cut overtime all of a sudden.

Talked with my Mom and Grandmother about co-signing on a loan....they think I can do it on my own. No help there.

Really don't wanna drag my Fiance into this...haven't asked her yet...we talked about it but this isn't her mess to clean up. She supports me enough as it is.

Really feeling like starring down the barrell.

Message 25 of 29
Superk88
Regular Contributor

So some good news. I'm gonna be starting my new job on Friday. New job is a hour away but it comes with a 4 day work week. $3500 a month Sallary Plus commision. I will also be working at my current job which is warehousing two days a week.

Figuring doing some rought math and very low commision calculations I should be Bringing home around $4700 a month. That should start to let me see some light. Although I'm not sure how I am gonna pay all my bills this month so...lets rock n roll.

Message 26 of 29
hashtag
Valued Member

Congrats on the raise. Dont worry about the score or going past due as long as you plan to pay everything off. Follow the snowball I mentioned before and start cutting all the bills by paying them off. You got this!

Message 27 of 29
Superk88
Regular Contributor

So the job actually didn't work out. The sallary they promised wasn't accurate at all, and to drive 132 miles a day isn't feesible. My grandparetns reached out to me and we talked about them co-signing a loan for me....now I just gotta figure out how much I need to get out from under this mess.

Message 28 of 29
Harriet
New Contributor

Most likely it’s best to handle this yourself and not put your grandparents or anyone else on the hook for your debt.

Unless they are very very wealthy and this is part of your inheritance. This could easily change your relationship with them or if there are any other grandchildren, how will this affect them or your mother. She needs to know you asked them for help.

Old age can be expensive. Long term care facilities and major illnesses can wipe out retirement funds fast.

This is just too much risk to ask family to take. No shame in filing for bankruptcy if you learn from your mistakes. Do your best with the fresh start it gives you.

Best wishes to you.
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.