Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy Credit and Life Rebuilding

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankruptcy Credit and Life Rebuilding

Hello all, 

Just wanted to share the good news with you all. I filed for BK on August 2017, it is due to be discharged in about 22 days. I am super excited. While waiting I was able to get a student loan wage garnishment stopped, as well as get my chexsystems report cleared. (pretty exciting, I must say) as I have been trying to get a credit union account for years. Today Nov 5, I was browsing the best credit unions in my area, and I applied with no expectation of getting approved for a savings account. It turns out, I was approved. I really just want to have a credit union on my books and a savings account is pretty much all I wanted to get out of it. They do also offer a secured credit card which I really want to get into at the beginning of the year. 

Long story short, I am just really excited to finally be able to join a Credit Union like a normal person. Smiley Very Happy

I will keep you all updated as to my rebuilding process, so far, so good. 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankruptcy Credit and Life Rebuilding

So this feels really silly replying to my own post, but here it goes. 

While checking my discover scorecard (credit report service) I decided to swing by the ol' discover card pre-qualifier and I was pre-qualified for the secured IT card!!!! I know, I know! It's the secured version, but I am on my way to greater things. I applied and everything went over well. So moving on to bigger and greater things. I am going to begin my BK7to700 with this one. 

AHHHH! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It feels really good to start doing things the "right" way. Congrats and keep moving forward :-)

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it’s definitely very exciting. I think this will be my only CC for the next 6-8 months. According to DC they review secured cards after 8 months to see if they qualify for the unsecured products. This will be my gas card for the next months until then and then just keep on building from there!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.