Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy Deletion Question

tag
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Bankruptcy Deletion Question

Has anyone who has gone through a bankruptcy ever experienced any of the credit bureaus deleting the public record & the accounts included in bankruptcy, three to six months earlier? The seven year statute of limitations of my chapter 13 bankruptcy is July 17,2022. Is it even possible that the credit bureau's computer system will delete everything between April & June or will I have to wait until July 17 of this year?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Horseshoez
Valued Contributor

Re: Bankruptcy Deletion Question

@CreditBob wrote:

Has anyone who has gone through a bankruptcy ever experienced any of the credit bureaus deleting the public record & the accounts included in bankruptcy, three to six months earlier? The seven year statute of limitations of my chapter 13 bankruptcy is July 17,2022. Is it even possible that the credit bureau's computer system will delete everything between April & June or will I have to wait until July 17 of this year?

My Chapter 13 was slated to fall off in January 2022; it fell off of Experian in early December 2021, Equifax and Trans Union both fell off in early January.  I would expect June and July for you.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 2 of 4
DebtStinks
Established Contributor

You can request EE on Transunion up to 6 months early.

Go online directly to TU, file dispute citing account too old to be on report. It should literally come off within minutes if you're within 6 months of it falling off by itself.

Equifax offers 3 months, but I've heard horror stories, so I wouldn't bother unless that 3 months makes a difference...like applying for a mortgage and getting better terms as a result.

Best of luck!

NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 (Opened 1/19) - NFCU Platinum $21000 (Opened 1/21) - TTCU Platinum Visa $10000 (Opened 10/18) - Discover $5500 (Opened 11/21) - Barclays View MC $5000 (Opened 1/19) - Capital One Platinum $3500 (Opened 2/19) - Capital One World Elite MC $1000 (Opened 3/21) - Target Store Card $2000 (Opened 10/18) - Floor & Decor Store Card $42500 (Opened 10/18)
Closed - PenFed $35,000 - Cap1 World Elite MC $11,200
Total CL - $115500

CH7 BK Filed 8/1/17 Discharged 11/7/17

Scores as of 2/18/21:

Inquiries Last 12 Months:
Message 3 of 4
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@CreditBob wrote:

I went onlin the other day and "disputed" my BK7 on Transunion 16 months early.   One hour later it was deleted.   The whole 6 monts/three months/one month timeframes are not cast in stone.  They are not rules.   Just like a goodwill letter, you can request anything at anytime you wish.   You are not arguing the validity of something, you as simply asking for an act of kindness and grace.    No point in followin someone else's artificial calendar.   "Favaors" can be given at will by the person with the power to grant them.   My IIB accounts started dropping on their own three years to prior to 7 years.  I never requested this; it just happened.  Neveral let other people's generalities govern your actions.   What happened to them has no bearing on what will happen to you.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.