Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy Discharge :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankruptcy Discharge :)

Hey guys!

So i ended up falling on extremely hard times, literally lost everything but my car in the last year and ended up filing. Since the trustee saw no assets really worth anything the 341 meeting of creditors was in my favor.

I represented myself and educated myself along the way of what to do and deadlines and accessing the pacer system and stuff.

Now i called the court and they told me my discharge will be awarded 8/14.

I'm so excited and browsing the forums for recommended credit cards and stuff to open right after discharge.

I heard barclays, capital one and credit ones are the best ones to start off with.

If I am in california or arizona area, what would be the best credit builder loan to apply for?

I figure if i pay the loan with a credit card if they allow payments like that and then pay off credit card in full and rotate each card use per month, in theory that would help build credit history right?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Bankruptcy Discharge :)

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your DC, and the start of new life.

As far as CC suggestions...wait until your credit report reflect the discharged BK in the PR section, and then go to Cap1 pre-qual site, and see what they have for you. Most likely they will have QS and PLAT and you'll approved for a CL between $200-$3000. Just depends...

I would not recommend Credit One at all...dont do it. Some folks here don't research enough before discharge.

Barclays...dont try until you have 6 months of history (statements) reporting on one CC first after your DC to the CRA. Good luck
Message 2 of 4
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys!

So i ended up falling on extremely hard times, literally lost everything but my car in the last year and ended up filing. Since the trustee saw no assets really worth anything the 341 meeting of creditors was in my favor.

I represented myself and educated myself along the way of what to do and deadlines and accessing the pacer system and stuff.

Now i called the court and they told me my discharge will be awarded 8/14.

I'm so excited and browsing the forums for recommended credit cards and stuff to open right after discharge.

I heard barclays, capital one and credit ones are the best ones to start off with.

If I am in california or arizona area, what would be the best credit builder loan to apply for?

I figure if i pay the loan with a credit card if they allow payments like that and then pay off credit card in full and rotate each card use per month, in theory that would help build credit history right?

Welcome to myFICO and congrats on your new start. I am also in AZ so howdy Smiley Happy Pizza gave you some great advice already. I would spend some time reading through the threads that are in the BK forum so you can gather as much knowledge as possible. Good luck

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome! fellow az local!

its kind of weird how i ended up in this situation.

anyways ive learned more and more about credit now working for a lender (cannot mention name on here due to conflict of interest)

and ive been getting advice from multiple people on how to strengthen my report post discharge.

on here i see a lot of people that have extensive knowledge too, definitely open to learning!

will try to cap one first!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.