Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy Discharged 7/13!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankruptcy Discharged 7/13!

My lawyer emailed me yesterday let me know I received my discharge! I was beyond stock. 

Today I applied for the Cap 1 Platinum and was approved for $300 unfortunately there was no mention of Credit Steps. I immediately applied for the Cap 1 QS1 but was denied for that one. So, I went ahead and bit the bullet on a 1st Premiere Offer I received in the mail. Approved for $300 but I was a little upset about the $95 processeing fee and the immediate $75 annual fee. I'm going to pay that in full then use that card for Netflix only for 11 months then close it. 

Last Saturday I purchased a used car. Ended up going to the dealer for financing as the only outside financing I could get was RoadLoans and it was $12120 at 24% and I wasn't doing that. Dealer got me finance with $0 down at 16%. It will do for now. I'm going to work hard on my rebuild so I can hopefully refinance with PenFed down the road. 

I included NFCU in my bankruptcy which really bums me out. I was an AU on my ex-wife's CC that was assigned as her reponsibility during our divorce but she stopped paying on it. They actually closed my checking account with them as a result. It sucks because they were awesome to have! I'm considering paying off the debt when I get my tax refund next year just so I can get back in with them.

Long road ahead of me but I'm ready to rebuild and be better off than I was before!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankruptcy Discharged 7/13!

Congratz ! ! !

rcarteraz wrote:

My lawyer emailed me yesterday let me know I received my discharge! I was beyond stock. 

Today I applied for the Cap 1 Platinum and was approved for $300 unfortunately there was no mention of Credit Steps. I immediately applied for the Cap 1 QS1 but was denied for that one. So, I went ahead and bit the bullet on a 1st Premiere Offer I received in the mail. Approved for $300 but I was a little upset about the $95 processeing fee and the immediate $75 annual fee. I'm going to pay that in full then use that card for Netflix only for 11 months then close it. 

Last Saturday I purchased a used car. Ended up going to the dealer for financing as the only outside financing I could get was RoadLoans and it was $12120 at 24% and I wasn't doing that. Dealer got me finance with $0 down at 16%. It will do for now. I'm going to work hard on my rebuild so I can hopefully refinance with PenFed down the road. 

I included NFCU in my bankruptcy which really bums me out. I was an AU on my ex-wife's CC that was assigned as her reponsibility during our divorce but she stopped paying on it. They actually closed my checking account with them as a result. It sucks because they were awesome to have! I'm considering paying off the debt when I get my tax refund next year just so I can get back in with them.

Long road ahead of me but I'm ready to rebuild and be better off than I was before!

Message 2 of 6
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 3 of 6
Datx
Valued Contributor

Congrats on being discharge. Wishing you a successful rebuild. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the discharge!  Now that the waiting game is over you can begin to rebuild!  I think this is the exciting part....possibly a tad frustrating but also exciting! 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I'm right behind you.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.