Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy Filing Date

tag
ficonian
Valued Member

Bankruptcy Filing Date

Equifax Credit Report - The month and year of the bankruptcy filed is reported. Please enlighten. Why isn't  the actual day of the month not documented/reported?

It is my understanding the actual date of an event (good/bad) must be part of the credit file.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Bankruptcy Filing Date

Where are you viewing your EQ report? Reports directly from the CRA will have the mm/dd/yyyy

Message 2 of 4
ficonian
Valued Member

First of all, I thank you for the immediate response.

I obtained the information from "MyFico" - personal membership page, wherein it notes "May, 2006". Duly noted, I will obtain a credit report from Equifax.

Side note: I am new to the forum, and thrilled to have someone address my question. I am seeking financial peace. 

Message 3 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ficonian wrote:

First of all, I thank you for the immediate response.

I obtained the information from "MyFico" - personal membership page, wherein it notes "May, 2006". Duly noted, I will obtain a credit report from Equifax.

Side note: I am new to the forum, and thrilled to have someone address my question. I am seeking financial peace. 

You are welcome. Once you pull your report from EQ or annualcreditreport.com, you will see the info.  

Most CMS do not provide detailed information.

good luck to you. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.