Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy Friendly Credit Cards Pt.2

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankruptcy Friendly Credit Cards Pt.2

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm beginning to wonder if I should have given that Merrick Bank offer a shot after all even if it wasn't a high SL to begin with. The mailer expired last month and since then, when I try their prequal site, it says they can't find any offers for me. *sigh*

I did because it meant a second revolver at the time. You already have four counting your secured (and would still have the magic three if you got rid of it) so Merrick probably wasn't that necessary.

Once I get decent CLs from NFCU and PenFed I'll likely ditch Credit One and Merrick.

I know...I'd love to get that secured Platinum (which I got at the very tail end of 2015/beginning of 2016) graduated to unsecured so that I could combine it with my existing unsecured Platinum! It's really frustrating to me that secured cards that were opened later in 2016 are being graduated but not older ones that have been kept in good standing. It's exasperating to have two nearly identical-looking Mastercards in my wallet when I could just have one. I'm going to try for a CLI on the unsecured card later this week once I hit the 90/91-day mark. Actually, as of today it's been 95 calendar days since my approval and 87 days since I activated the unsecured Platinum. Should I pull the trigger on the CLI or wait a few more days?

Message 741 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed data point

@Anonymous wrote:

Here's a data point on PenFed.  Got approved for a $2500 SL on a PenFed Power Cash Rewards today, just shy of 2 years post bk7 filing.   Current score of 660 on EQ which is what I believe they pulled (I haven't gotten an alert yet from myfico though).  

I initially wanted their Visa Signature product, but was denied for that as they weren't willing to give me the minimum $5000 limit (which is what I really wanted).  Sigh.  During recon the rep was encouraging and said that in time a PenFed cc can grow up to 50k and encouraged me to give it 6 months or so and then request a CLI.  Looking forward to building a relationship with PenFed and earning the $100 signup bonus!  

Congratulations, and good news for both of us because I'm planning on trying Penfed for a card this fall too after my gardening phase ends. Is that score FICO 8 or FICO NextGen 2? (Penfed relies mostly on NextGen 2, which makes them pretty much unique among major CC issuers.) My most recent Penfed EQ score was 690 as of 2/28; the next quarterly score will be generated at the end of this month but I won't know what it was until early July. Considering that both TU and EX FICO have gone up by 15-16 points in the last week or so (I don't know what my current EQ FICO 8 is but I installed the Lenny app yesterday so I'm waiting for my score to come in from them), I expect my EQ NextGen 2 to hold steady at the least and hopefully go up some.

I'll have gotten to close to 3 years from Ch 7 BK discharge in September (filed in August 2014), have been a Penfed customer for literally decades, never burned them in a BK or otherwise, and currently have an used auto loan with them in addition to my share account in which I made a substantial deposit in February, so I'm optimistic for success if/when I apply to them for a Visa. I doubt my history/scores will support a Visa Signature, but I have good hopes following your report that I can get a Power Cash Rewards (I'd settle for a Promise if it came to that).

Message 742 of 1,427
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

My wife applied app is pending review

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 743 of 1,427
panda11
Regular Contributor

@ morgacj2004 wrote

"My wife applied app is pending review"

what did she apply for?

Message 744 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ 660 is my Fico 8.  Not sure what my NG score is that PenFed uses.   

Message 745 of 1,427
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

She applied for the FNBO AX.  Was declined as was I. They are not BK friendly. Will recon when I get letter 

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 746 of 1,427
panda11
Regular Contributor

@morgacj2004

Can you report back in when you recon? Will be applying for my dw in 4 weeks for this card.

Message 747 of 1,427
boomhower
Valued Contributor

NFCU 24 months since CH7 discharge.  EX FICO 08 660 but they pulle EQ though the reports are identical. Approved Cashrewards @ $1k.  It'll grow and look forward to workign the relationship. 

Message 748 of 1,427
Scupra
Super Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

@Anonymous 24 months since CH7 discharge.  EX FICO 08 660 but they pulle EQ though the reports are identical. Approved Cashrewards @ $1k.  It'll grow and look forward to workign the relationship. 

Congrats! I started with a $1k cashRewards as well. Good luck

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 749 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello im new to the forum and im just curious, What does YMMV, IIBK and SCT  mean ? its a little confusing reading and not knowing what it stands for

Message 750 of 1,427
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.