Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy Friendly Credit Cards Pt.2

tag
kjonesjr00
New Contributor

Re: Bankruptcy Friendly Credit Cards Pt.2

How did you apply for the Apple Card? Apple says to open your wallet app, but there’s nothing there about the Apple Card.
Message 1271 of 1,427
MadMan2k

I also don't see anything about the apple card in my "wallet" on the phone. I think I read it is only offered to selected people.

Our BK chapter 7 was discharged today and I opened an account with CreditOne, $2000 limit. Also FingerHut "fresh start" program with $230 limit, but looking at their prices it doesn't really sound very tempting to actually order anything from them.

Planning to open a Military Star Card for rebuilding purposes in a few days as well as considering a secured NFCU card.

My wife got a "pre-selected" offer for Capital One and tried to accept it after the discharge but it ended up being declined. I think she got the invitation because she was just an authorized user on the card we burned them with in the bankruptcy, but then they saw it in their system when she applied to accept the offer.

Message 1272 of 1,427
kjonesjr00
New Contributor

How did you apply for the Apple Card? Apple says to open your wallet app, but there’s nothing there about the Apple Card. Did you receive a invitation from Apple? Thanks.
Message 1273 of 1,427
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

I don't think it's BK friendly at all. 

SO and I both declined, 700-710 low UTI scores, about 20 months post BK7. Did not burn GS. Denial email listed 

Thank you for your interest in Apple Card. Goldman Sachs Bank USA has reviewed your application, and it was not approved at this time because:

• You have recently been past due
  • You have recently filed for bankruptcy
  • You have recently filed for bankruptcy or experienced another negative public record on the credit file
Message 1274 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm at 25 months post discharge BK7, high utilization on all my cards and I applied for the card and got approved for $250.  So it might be a mileage may vary depending on the file.  I was surprised to say the least.

Message 1275 of 1,427
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

I filed in 2014, which I’m sure makes a difference.  No late payments since then.  I did receive an invitation.  To the right of the Apple Card is an arrow that will take you through the process like any application.  You will have to enter your ss# and upload a drivers license.  At the end you have the choice to decline or accept.  I declined for now.

Message 1276 of 1,427
hmxhmx
Valued Member

I applied for the card and got approved for $250.

do they even let you into an apple store with that little money? seems a bit disingenuous of them to offer such a tiny limit ... 

Message 1277 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m guessing they would think you would use it for Apple services and expect to get an increase down the line. They just want the customer base right now I think
Message 1278 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for Apple Card on my iPhone and was instantly declined. My TU Fico 8 is 653 and a little over a year past BK 7. At this point I think I'll stay in the garden for about a year than try again. We'll have more feedback from others who tried to app post BK.

Message 1279 of 1,427
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

You can go online and request to be put on their list. The card did not initially appear but a week later it was in wallet. I had to unfreeze TU.
Message 1280 of 1,427
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.