Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankruptcy Friendly Credit Cards Pt.2

@stinastina

Thanks for the quick response. I'm a USAA member

currently in BK13. Only 8 months left on my 5 year

plan, so I should consider myself lucky. Will take your

advice, keep my distance from USAA, and I'll turn my

focus to the BK friendly lenders on the list.

Message 1011 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone recently been successful obtaining NFCU Secured while in active Ch13? I'm reading conflicting reports that NFCU will only approve, even for Secured, after discharge but I've read older reports of no issue getting NFCU Secured prior to discharge. I've been in a active Ch13 and a member with NFCU for nearly a year. Lawyer stated that Secured cards are permitted during Ch13 and I would like to build a relationship with NFCU but dont want to burn an inquiry  if there's no hope. Thanks!

Message 1012 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was unable to ge a NFCU cashRewards card until 1 year afterCH13 DC.

Message 1013 of 1,427
stinastina
Established Contributor

@Scupra, Chase has changed their policy to 10 years post bk and never if you burned them per this thread:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Chase-Blacklist-Disney-and-Southwest-Airli...

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 1014 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

With American Express is that for any card from them or directly from American Express?  Like is the timeframe different for a NFCU Amex vs a direct AMEX card?  

Message 1015 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

With American Express is that for any card from them or directly from American Express?  Like is the timeframe different for a NFCU Amex vs a direct AMEX card?  

Co-branded cards generally have different guidelines than cards obtained directly from the bank. For example, Navy Federal's American Express card should follow general NFCU guidelines on bankruptcy (must be 1year post-discharge to obtain unsecured card, and then it will only be a $1k limit). 

Message 1016 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stinastina wrote:

@Scupra, Chase has changed their policy to 10 years post bk and never if you burned them per this thread:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Chase-Blacklist-Disney-and-Southwest-Airli...

Only if the Bk is present. 

Message 1017 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@stinastina wrote:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Chase-Blacklist-Disney-and-Southwest-Airlines/td-p/5275863

Only if the Bk is present. 

And forgot to mention, a poster was just approved today by Chase with BK on file and he did IIB. 

Message 1018 of 1,427
stinastina
Established Contributor

That goes without saying. After 10 years your bk should not be reporting. Where is the link to the miracle?
BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 1019 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not every one has their BK on their reports for 10 years. Which means, besides the miracle recently reported, you can get approved before the 10 years if your Bk is not present on your report. 

Message 1020 of 1,427
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.