cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy Friendly Credit Cards Pt.2

tag
Demonface

Re: Bankruptcy Friendly Credit Cards Pt.2

Thank you, Didn't even know that was a thing. I ended up upgrading my Platinum to a QS. 

Message 1321 of 1,427
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Demonface wrote:

Thank you, Didn't even know that was a thing. I ended up upgrading my Platinum to a QS. 

Congrats @Demonface 

Message 1322 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m sure this has been covered somewhere, but I’m having trouble finding much. Are there many data points for PayPal’s Cash back MasterCard? I have a PayPal account, the 2% cash back is pretty nice, and I’ve read that Synchrony is fairly BK friendly. I want to apply at some point, but they don’t have a PreQual and I don’t want to waste an HP by applying too early if there’s not a solid chance of getting approved. Thanks for any insight/data!!
Message 1323 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m sure this has been covered somewhere, but I’m having trouble finding much. Are there many data points for PayPal’s Cash back MasterCard? I have a PayPal account, the 2% cash back is pretty nice, and I’ve read that Synchrony is fairly BK friendly. I want to apply at some point, but they don’t have a PreQual and I don’t want to waste an HP by applying too early if there’s not a solid chance of getting approved. Thanks for any insight/data!!

I have the Paypal 2% mastercard with a BK. My scores are over 700 and my utilization is very low. BK is the only negative on report.

Message 1324 of 1,427
cf2701
Regular Contributor

I was approved for the Paypal Mastercard with a BK on file.  However, it was a low $300 limit until just the past couple months.  Now I'm sitting at $2,700, which is my second lowest next to AMX @ $1,000.   

BBVA Clearpoints $16,000 | Discover $13,900 | CECU Visa $10,000 | NFCU Go Rewards Visa Sig. $18,500 | NFCU CLOC $15,000 | PayPal CB MC $10,000 | Paypal Credit $10,000 | Card $7,500 | AMX Hilton Honors Ascend $2,000 | Wayfair $23,900 | Sportsmans Guide Visa $12,400 | Kohls $3,000 | Capital One Savor One $3,500 | PNC Cash Rewards $17,000 | PenFed Power Cash Rewards $10,000 | PenFed Gold $10,000 | Lowe's $20,000 | Best Buy Visa $4,000 | Home Depot $4,000 | NFCU Platinum $25,000
Message 1325 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding a data point for the IKEA Visa (by Comenity Bank):

Ch. 7 filed Feb 8, 2019, discharged May 5, 2010. My current accounts are a Cap 1 QS ($2.5K limit, opened June 29, 2019), Discover it ($11K limit, opened October 14, 2019), an auto loan reaffirmed during the bankruptcy and student loans. Scores checked on MyFICO immediately before applying were: Equifax 679, TransUnion 650, Experian 654.

I was approved (!) with a $2K limit. It looks like they pulled a report from Experian as that's the only bureau that I received a credit alert from.

Message 1326 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding Datapoint for the Paypal 2% Cashback Mastercard:

CH7 discharged on 9/3/19 (4 months ago).  Synchrony not IIB.  Pulled TU only (my TU Fico 8 score at the time was 630).  Immediate denial.  Denial letter only stated due to "Bankruptcy proceeding, credit counseling or creditor settlement."  None of the other reasons apply, so it appears to be due solely to the recent bankruptcy.  I applied at exactly 4 months post discharge and have a CapOne Quicksilver card (PC'd) and Ollo card.  It seems like this is may be a 6 months to 1 year post-BK card to shoot for.

I also tried to Synchrony recon number (866-519-6441) once I received the denial letter.  The number took my directly to a Synchrony credit represenative, but they said Synchrony (or maybe this card specifically) does not allow recons and they could not provide me any additional insight or information regarding the reasoning for the denial.  Hopefully this helps someone else thinking about applying for this card!

Message 1327 of 1,427
MichaelWoodland
Established Member

just another data point.

Discover just gave me $2000 limit 1 year post CH 7 BK.

So far I have Cap1 Plat, Discover, PPay Credit, Going to try for OLLO today. Finger crossed, wish me luck. 

I will report back. 

God Bless America.

Message 1328 of 1,427
MichaelWoodland
Established Member

So great news

OLLO approved me and Merrick Bank also approved me at $1250, then $2500 in 7 months by paying on time.

Message 1329 of 1,427
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 1330 of 1,427
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.