Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy Friendly Credit Cards Pt.2

tag
MaxKohl

Re: Bankruptcy Friendly Credit Cards Pt.2

Another data point for Synchrony.

I burned them for 4k in my BK back in 2018.

Applied for the Paypal Mastercard at 1.5 years after discharge. Denied.

Applied for same card again just now after a bit over 2 years after discharge. Was approved for 4k.

It looks like Synchrony is not inquiry sensitive. I have about 7 inquiries on my Transunion.

Message 1361 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm 2.5 yrs out of bankruptcy and app with NFCU. To my suprise, I got the my rewards card with 25K limit.

I was denied for every Synchrony card (Lowe's and Paypal) I tried. I did burn them in the bankruptcy for about 2k. Not sure why I cant get in after so much time has passed. I was approved for 4.5K with Ashley Furniture and 1K on Wayfair, denied CLI after calling for recon. I just bought a house and wanted to get some furniture. I used the Ashley Furniture and will probably buy some low budget items off Wayfair. 

Message 1362 of 1,427
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm 2.5 yrs out of bankruptcy and app with NFCU. To my suprise, I got the my rewards card with 25K limit.

I was denied for every Synchrony card (Lowe's and Paypal) I tried. I did burn them in the bankruptcy for about 2k. Not sure why I cant get in after so much time has passed. I was approved for 4.5K with Ashley Furniture and 1K on Wayfair, denied CLI after calling for recon. I just bought a house and wanted to get some furniture. I used the Ashley Furniture and will probably buy some low budget items off Wayfair. 

Im 3.5 years out from BK7 and was able to rebound pretty fast. I was approved for the Wayfair card at $3k and then Cap1 Platinum at $3k. The Cap1 Platinum has since been increased to $7k. At the 1.5 year mark I applied for and was approved for the Cap1 SavorOne. The CL for that is $10k. 

It is important to say that I did not burn either bank during the BK7. I did burn Chase, Discover, and NFCU though. I only burned NFCU for about $1,500 so Im considering paying them back to potentially be back in their good graces. They did treat me very well prior to the BK7. 

Have you considered the Big Lots CC? It is issued by Comenity and in recent years they have upped their game on furniture. 

Message 1363 of 1,427
Anonymous
Not applicable

@azguy13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Im 3.5 years out from BK7 and was able to rebound pretty fast. I was approved for the Wayfair card at $3k and then Cap1 Platinum at $3k. The Cap1 Platinum has since been increased to $7k. At the 1.5 year mark I applied for and was approved for the Cap1 SavorOne. The CL for that is $10k. 

It is important to say that I did not burn either bank during the BK7. I did burn Chase, Discover, and NFCU though. I only burned NFCU for about $1,500 so Im considering paying them back to potentially be back in their good graces. They did treat me very well prior to the BK7. 

Have you considered the Big Lots CC? It is issued by Comenity and in recent years they have upped their game on furniture. 

No but you're the 3rd person to tell me to try them. I will pull the trigger. I kinda went app crazy today because I havent applied for anything since getting my 2 cap one cards and 1 credit one card a month after my bankruptcy. Cap One hasnt given me a big CLI. I use both cards and pay in full every month. I was supposed at the NFCU because those 3 cards are have 1K or less credit limits. 

Message 1364 of 1,427
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

If it can be of any OR some help to those who are tender fresh from BK7 Discharge. This one qualifies straightway.

This card actually i had when i very first began building my profile over 10 years ago. Store Card yes but i was just approved for it AGAIN at (Get This) not yet 90 days post DC!

It WAS NOT INSTANT but the VERY NEXT MORNING the approval was resting in the email.

At a point when you need to establish or reestablish as in rebuild a credit profile i don't logically see why this wouldn't be of some benefit. And who doesn't have use for a vehicle servicing account from time to time, right?

Of note now: My own profile has NO OTHER NEGS than BK7 DC. In my now rebuilding profile is Capital One Platinum EVERYBODY seems to be able to get approved for after a BK. The Line is but $1K. Also (2) Comenity SCT cards and a Mercury MC courtesy Credit Karma preapproval odds. Hope this helps someone, anyone. Starting over is grueling but we MUST try and begin someplace right?

Firestone is No AF and they DO do CLI's over time.

My EX is totally toast at present so i'm happy they didnt look that way. I will be posting more finds i dig up as time & results permit for all us to help us build the staircase out of the cellar of BK. Credit First National Association (CFNA) pulled TU for this Firestone Approval. My genuine TU score was and is still unknown to me until the card arrives with that stat. But Credit Karma FAKO had me at 715 Vantage. Of some note

Approved OCT14.jpg

Message 1365 of 1,427
2b2rich
Established Contributor

NFCU Secured nRewards VISA:

(Background: I had never been a NFCU member/customer and so I've never burned them).

Jan 7,  2020: bankruptcy Discharged.

May 2020: Applied for the nRewards VISA and was instantly approved online. Funded with $200 since that was the max I could do online.

Jul 2020: noticed I had a $400 CLI to $600,  but it was still secured and the $200 in savings was still being held.

I just logged in a few minutes ago and noticed the CL is $2K but still showing an available credit that reflects the $600 CL and the hold is still on the $200.  The account still shows 'Secured nRewards'.  The CL was still showing $600 this morning so I'm hopeful the rest will update maybe tonight or Monday night. 

I also wanted to note that I've  only just received my 4th statement yesterday because I did not use the card the first two months I had it, so I did not have to wait for a 6th statement to cut. I have also, always PIF so that each statement cut with a zero balance.  Hope this helps someone who is currently waiting for theirs to graduate.

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 1366 of 1,427
Caliboy97
Contributor

Received a Capital One Platinum unsecure card less than 1 month out of bankruptcy. I included them in the bankruptcy I filed as well. 

Bankruptcy Discharge 9/21/2020
Starting Scores

May Update (Moving)

Slow and Steady Rebuild. Around 15K in revolving credit at 2% and 45K Auto Loan! Hoping to start upping those limits over time.
Capital one Platinum and Quicksilver | Kia Financial 49K auto loan | Navy Fed Secure Card | OpenSky Secure Card | Schools First FCU Card | Grain account | KikOff Loan and credit account | Student Loans Perfect history 16K left
Message 1367 of 1,427
ballysdad
Regular Contributor

3 month out of discharge got Jasper MasterCard credit card no fees $3500 credit line. They use PLAID to link to you bank to check your income and spending. They will do hard pull mine was TU. They look at everything not just credit score.

Message 1368 of 1,427
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@Caliboy97 wrote:

Received a Capital One Platinum unsecure card less than 1 month out of bankruptcy. I included them in the bankruptcy I filed as well. 

Wow! You da man! I burned them on two cards (about $7K total).  Discharge was 10 months ago and they denied me in their prequal soft pull for an auto loan a few days ago.  Got a 10.6% auto loan somewhere else the same day, so I figured they are still holding a grudge with me over the IIB.(Congrats)

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 1369 of 1,427
Caliboy97
Contributor

I still get denied on a auto Loan even though I was able to get a unsecure card. I heard it was the opposite way from them. When I did apply for soft pull auto loan they did say I have to cal them for more information or something. 

Bankruptcy Discharge 9/21/2020
Starting Scores

May Update (Moving)

Slow and Steady Rebuild. Around 15K in revolving credit at 2% and 45K Auto Loan! Hoping to start upping those limits over time.
Capital one Platinum and Quicksilver | Kia Financial 49K auto loan | Navy Fed Secure Card | OpenSky Secure Card | Schools First FCU Card | Grain account | KikOff Loan and credit account | Student Loans Perfect history 16K left
Message 1370 of 1,427
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.