Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy Friendly Heloc lenders?

tag
tisha130
Valued Member

Bankruptcy Friendly Heloc lenders?

I searched on the board before posting to no avail. I am almost 2 yrs post-bankruptcy and looking for a bankruptcy friendly HELOC lender. Recommendations? 

Starting Score: 486
Current Score: 635(middle score)
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

As of Dec 2013 I want to purchase a 2011 or newer vehicle and buy my first home by the end of the year. I have purchased 2011 vehicle as of 2/2014 and I have been pre-approved for 100k home mortgage loan as of 3/2014.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Bankruptcy Friendly Heloc lenders?

Hi Tisha130, 

Im sorry I cant help you out on this topic, but I will ask @ShanetheMortgageMan to maybe help you out here. Hopefully he gets the alert and can advise, or someone else who owns a home in this situation. 

Message 2 of 7
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I got a HELOC from Penfed in 2017, 6 1/2 years post ch7 discharge. Prime ÷ 0% up to 80% of loan to value.
Message 3 of 7
tisha130
Valued Member

Thank you both for responding.

Starting Score: 486
Current Score: 635(middle score)
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

As of Dec 2013 I want to purchase a 2011 or newer vehicle and buy my first home by the end of the year. I have purchased 2011 vehicle as of 2/2014 and I have been pre-approved for 100k home mortgage loan as of 3/2014.
Message 4 of 7
Kasuito39
Frequent Contributor

I'm 12 months post BK and checked with SDFCU, SFCU, CAFCU & UNIFY. They all want 3 to 4 years post BK.

Message 5 of 7
Kasuito39
Frequent Contributor

Bump for update.
Message 6 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Moving thread to 'Bankruptcy' for additional exposure...

--UB

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.