Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy Reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankruptcy Reporting

So, on the public records section of myFiCo.com's report, there are no entries - which, I'm guessing means the bankruptcy that was dischard in May of 1999 is supposedly "off" my credit report?  Well, at least that's what I thought until I applied for a car loan today and the first thing the Loan Officer said was, "So, I see you have a bankruptcy..."

If I can't see it on my credit report from myFiCO... how do lenders get to see it???  What do I need to do to get these things GONE and get a true, COMPLETE version of the credit report lenders get to see??

I'm very frustrated and any help is appreciated at this point!!  Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: Bankruptcy Reporting

Hi, was the BK off all three of your credit reports, this is frightening to hear as my BK is due to fall off TU in June, and EQ, EX in July, and after it comes off I am going to apply for a mortgage, I just hope I do not get the same response, But I have read where there is another report that can be pulled that shows all past accounts I am curious if this car agency was able to do this or even can they, what is the sense of the rebuilding process if anyone can go back 10, 15 years to get information that should be buried.  Good Luck hope you get this corrected and get your loan.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankruptcy Reporting

I would assume that it has not fallen off all three CRA's.....and since you can't get an EX FICO, maybe that is the one.

You need to order actual CR reports from each of the three CRA's to see what the contents are.  If you have been denied credit, then you can get them free.

Also, if your BK was May 1999, then it technically isn't set to fall off till May 2009 (next month).  Sometimes this happens a month or two early on one or two, but you can't assume it has done so on all three.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.