cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy accounts are reading derog....

tag
itzateach
Regular Contributor

Bankruptcy accounts are reading derog....

I filed ch 7 and discharged in june 2003. Some of my accounts (i have a total of 5 or 6) are reading derog instead of included in bankruptcy. How do I go about disputing those to get them changed or can I? Most fall off next spring to fall (according to my exp report). TU is only reporting 2 of the accounts derog while the rest just show as PAID.

Any advice?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankruptcy accounts are reading derog....

honestly if they fall off next spring I would just wait, let them go away.

But if you have to do something now. You could try to dispute some aspect of them ( do not recommend mentioning the BK ) and hope that there is no response in the time frame EXP requires then they will be taken off. 

As for the TU ones showing paid that should be a good thing, leave them alone. 

Message 2 of 3
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Re: Bankruptcy accounts are reading derog....

I second that! If they are due to fall off soon, let them alone. Disputing them could cause AA wherein they may get re-aged, etc., which you will have to start disputing all over again. Just recently happened to me. Some I got fixed, the others got re-aged or more negative info was put on my CR. Imagine how my credit scores tanked by this! I had to go to the department of banking in my state to get it corrected. I have 2 judgments that are due to fall off early '09 and they are still reporting incorrect information. I've learned my lesson. I will let them sit until they have removed themselves!
Message Edited by Uniqua on 11-03-2008 10:22 AM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.