Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy and CR Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankruptcy and CR Question

In 2000 my mother and I purchased a mobile home. My mother then moved out and filed bankruptcy in 2004. I stayed in the home until Oct 2006. When I left the home Green Tree added the balance of the home after sold to the afore mentioned backruptcy.

My credit report looks like this.

[Experian] Debt included in or discharged through Bankruptcy Chapter 7,11, or 12.
[Equifax] Charged off account Secured

TransUnion is not reporting at this time because I have disputes ongoing.

Shouldn't Equifax also state that it was included in the bankruptcy? And should the date of falling off my report be the date they added to the bankruptcy or the date of when the bankruptcy was final.

Also,EX is show a balance of $0 but EQ is showing a balance of $42759. Shouldn't this be $0 also. Since it was sold and balance added to the backruptcy?

Hope this makes sense. Thanks
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankruptcy and CR Question

3 days and no reply!

I hope someone can answer this as I really would like to know if this was included in BK if the balance should be $0

Thanks
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you included the house in the BK, then it must be reported as "included in bankruptcy".   EQ is reporting it incorrectly.  Balance must be zero.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute anything and everything you included in the BK that is showing a balance greater than $0 or is saying anything other than "Included in BK" or "Discharged through BK".   If it was IIB, it cannot say "charged off" unless it was charged off prior to you filing the BK.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well TU is now reporting this item and also has the balance as $42759. Both TU and EQ is reporting this as a collection/chargeoff which was not done before the BK. I have to get this fixed.

I will report back hopefully with a good outcome.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

BK7 I presume?

If the account was IIB, then it must be listed as IIB, $0 balance, closed. If it was late or CO before you filed, then they can list it that way.

BKs can stay for 10 years from DOA--Date Of Adjudication. Practically, BK7s stay for 10 years and BK13s stay for 7 years. CRAs "reward" you for BK13.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

This account was updated today still saying I owe $42759.

Could you please send me in the direction of a letter I can write to this company to get this report right.

Thanks
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, dispute with the CRA, CMRRR.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Green Tree/Conseco has once again verified this with TU and EQ.  EQ has requested a copy of the BK papers.  My mom is the one that went BK so will EQ except that and take it off my report.  The mobile home was included in my moms BK and it does show on her finalized paper work.

TIA for a quick reply so that I can get this paper work sent off if they will take my moms BK paper work.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.