Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy and late payments

tag
dangerously_caffeinated
Valued Member

Bankruptcy and late payments

Hello everyone -

Potentially a stupid question, so bear with me... I filed chapter 7 BK on April 20, 2018. According to my Experian report, my "Latest status date" is October 1, 2018 - I assume this is my discharge date? I can't remember at the time when I did this I was early in my 20s and had no idea what was going on.

Following up to that (this is where the stupid question comes in) I have 0 collections on my report, however, the 4 companies that show closed on my profile C1, Chase, Discover, and WF show "Unknown payment history" except for Capital one and Chase they show "6 potentially negative months". Should that be disputed? Wells Fargo and Discover don't show the negative months associated with their cards they just say "Debt included in or discharged through Bankruptcy Chapter 7, 11, or 12" under status.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
EquityinScoresNow22
New Contributor

Re: Bankruptcy and late payments

@dangerously_caffeinated Hi. I'm not as experienced as many others but I believe if C1 and Chase were included in the bK, they should be displaying the same as the others. Doesn't cost you anything to dispute it, so that's what I would do. Just make sure you be detailing in documenting the correspondence. Best!

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: 0
Goal Score: 761

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@dangerously_caffeinated wrote:

Hello everyone -

Potentially a stupid question, so bear with me... I filed chapter 7 BK on April 20, 2018. According to my Experian report, my "Latest status date" is October 1, 2018 - I assume this is my discharge date? I can't remember at the time when I did this I was early in my 20s and had no idea what was going on.

Following up to that (this is where the stupid question comes in) I have 0 collections on my report, however, the 4 companies that show closed on my profile C1, Chase, Discover, and WF show "Unknown payment history" except for Capital one and Chase they show "6 potentially negative months". Should that be disputed? Wells Fargo and Discover don't show the negative months associated with their cards they just say "Debt included in or discharged through Bankruptcy Chapter 7, 11, or 12" under status.

Thank you!

All lates prior to filing are accurate and get to stay for 7 years unless the lender decides to remove it. Don't dispute accurate information. 

Message 3 of 7
Lurker22
Frequent Contributor

Agreed, don't dispute anything accurate

and sometimes don't poke the bear either 

Message 4 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Lates aren't the killer. The BK is doing the most score harm. No creditor is going to forgive lates after they got burned in BK. Join PACER and you can see all your court documents from your BK. I printed all of my case docs and it sits in a binder. Just in case a zombie collector tries anything. Here my discharge. Delete it. Gone.

Message 5 of 7
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Lates aren't the killer. The BK is doing the most score harm. No creditor is going to forgive lates after they got burned in BK. Join PACER and you can see all your court documents from your BK. I printed all of my case docs and it sits in a binder. Just in case a zombie collector tries anything. Here my discharge. Delete it. Gone.

An old medical bill showed up in my mailbox 2 years after my bk7 and i simply sent it back to the collection agency with my bk info and poof the debt dissapeared.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 6 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

An old medical bill showed up in my mailbox 2 years after my bk7 and i simply sent it back to the collection agency with my bk info and poof the debt dissapeared.

Ha! Take that! Congrats!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.