cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy friendly methods for buying a motorcycle?

tag
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Re: Bankruptcy friendly methods for buying a motorcycle?

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyDataMyChoice wrote:
https://www.lendingtree.com/auto/motorcycle/

Maybe success with Lightstream?  Quoting me 3 years 36 months at 4.69%.  Crazy if I got approved at that rate.  Apparently that is the lowest rate.  For anyone using Lendingtree they just offered me a crappy loan at 20% interest from Lending Club and a Possible 4.69% rate from Lightstream/Suntrust.  Says it can be higher.

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, lightstream was a fail.  What can anyone tell me about Freedom Road Financial?  Any other Credit union/small bank ideas?

Message 13 of 22
twono
Frequent Contributor

Lightstream is very conservative as well.  I got a SOFI and Lending Club loan when Lightstream wouldn't.

I asked this earlier, but you didn't give a reply...What kind of bike are you buying?  and is it new or used?  

If it's a Harley,  they should finance you quite easily.  If it's a sportbike/jap bike/cruiser, the dealer should finance you through their mfg financing dept's.  Depending on the bike,  we would be able to get you headed in the right direction.

I'm a long time motorcycle enthusiast and licensed roadracer for over 30yrs.  I've financed thru many many loan companies.

A lot of dealerships advertise, 'bad credit, no credit, no problem'.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to buy some sort of adventure/offroad bike.  Leaning towards BMW or Husqvarna.  Could be a Kawasaki or Yamaha.  Specific models I like the R 1200 GS BMW, Husqvarna 701 and smaller or a Yamaha WR250R.  What is frustrating is I could take out a loan on my 401k, but I would really rather not do that.  I guess if I don't find something I may just increase my 401k amount and use it like a savings acccount.

Message 15 of 22
twono
Frequent Contributor

Are you trying to put the WR on the street? I have the big brother, WR450F, but i didn't do a street conversion to  it.  Yamaha finances through Synchrony. 

You're getting int usome $$$ with the BMW.   That may be more difficult to finance because of it's 'exotic' nature.  Great bike no doubt.

Husky's/Husaberg/KTM/GASGAS/Beta....all high dollar dirty bikes.  Can't go wrong with the Jap bikes.

I'd go to a dealer and sit down with them.  Sure you don't want a Harley?  I'm confident you'd be good to go with them.  

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone burned Harley and got back in with them? Personally I don’t plan on ever financing a motorcycle again, but I’m curious if Harley’s generous lending extends even after being burned.
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

The wr250r is already set up for riding on the street.  It has mirrors and lights already and is similar to the Husqvarna for about $3000 cheaper.  Not sure I want to spend so much on a BMW.  

Message 18 of 22
twono
Frequent Contributor

My wr450f has a headlight and taillight but no turn signals, no license plate light and no horn or mirrors, which are all needed to be street legal.

I thought the wr250 was set up with just headlight and tail light just like the big bro wr450?
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

They sell conversion kits for the 450 but the wr250r is already set up for the road.  There is a similar version without the road ready features.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.