Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy removed from credit

tag
Society1
Regular Contributor

Bankruptcy removed from credit

can someone help or give me tips on how to remove bankruptcy from my credit. it will be very helpful.Thanks alot 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Mjhall85
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bankruptcy removed from credit

it'll be gone in ten years max,depending if it was chapter 7 or 13 no way to have it removed early as you did file. It may be removed a handful of months before that 10 years but not before that.

Chapter 7 filed 2/3
Discharged 6/30

Fico 8
EQ 681 TU 671 Ex 665
Fico 4 TU 690 Fico 5 702 Fico 2 693
Message 2 of 10
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

Wait 10 years from filing for a BK7 or

Wait 7 years from filing for a BK13

Message 3 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Post that violated MyFico Terms Of Service was removed. 

If anyone wishes to discuss credit "repair" scams, unethical practices, frivolous disputes and so on, this is not the place for it. 

If your post was removed,  and you require additional clarification, please start here and here  

Message 4 of 10
SB_F
Contributor

@Society1 

Check out Credit Reporting After Chapter 13 posting chain from last year. Several examples including mine. I can't remember whether EX or TU came off first after 6 yr and 6 mo after filing (6 mo early), then the other at 6 yr mo and 9 mo (3 mo early). I do remember EQ refusing to come off early but did drop off a little less than a month from 7 yr window. This link will show the successful and not so successful strategies used in the last year or two. Do not believe anyone that says you can get a discharged BK13 off before 7 yrs after filing. Seems they do sometimes drop off mysteriously, but I haven't seen that tied to anyone's action, intentional or not.

Good luck!

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/Credit-Reporting-after-Chapter-13/td-p/5967645/page/3

BK13 filed 11/2013 discharged 6/2019
Oct 2019 EQ 672 TU 643 EX 663
Julu 2021 EQ 840 TU 828 EX 819
Message 5 of 10
jetsfan2013
Frequent Contributor

If you filed a Ch 7 - 10 years from discharge. You can search the term early exclusion - plenty of threads here about it.

Road to rebuilding starts soon
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed 13 in 2014 and it was supposed to be off my credit in 2021 and it still is showing up.  

Message 7 of 10
Caribsa89
Contributor

@Anonymous - Dispute it if incorrect.  You can dispute it online or on the phone.

Message 8 of 10
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

Chapter 7 - 10 years legally.  TU has been known to remove after 9 w/ an EE.  EQ & EX possibly 3 mo. early with an EE.  EQ being the most strict.

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 9 of 10
krielly
Established Contributor

Did you successfully complete and receive a discharge from the Chapt 13? If not, and it was dismissed, it can stay on for 10 years.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.