cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy was Removed From Credit Reports. Will it show elsewhere with credit check?

tag
panda11
Regular Contributor

Re: Bankruptcy was Removed From all Three Credit Reports. Will it show elsewhere with credit check?

@Scupra

How many months before the 7 years can you ask TU and EQU for early exclusions for a CH 7?  I heard  6 mos for TU and 3 mos for EQU, Does it sound about right?  btw your FICO's keep climbing, congrats, mine still in the 700's 5 1/2  years post discharged.  I got mortgages 6 1/2 years post discharged.

CH 7 BK Discharged NOV 2011
EXP 2008 FICO 702, EQU 2009 FICO 724; TU 2008 FICO 698.
CO Quicksilver 16.5K; CO Venture 30K; Barclays SM 10.7K; Barclays AA 15K; Wally 3300; NFCU Cash 26.5K; Chase C$P 5K; AXP Delta Gold 10K; FNBO AMEX 6K;AU Citi Costco 8K. AU Macy's 7K; AU Macys AXP 2300

Alliant SS Loan DEC 2016, Mortgage JLY 2016, Auto Loan APR 2017.

Message 21 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankruptcy was Removed From all Three Credit Reports. Will it show elsewhere with credit check?

@panda11 wrote:

@Scupra

How many months before the 7 years can you ask TU and EQU for early exclusions for a CH 7?  I heard  6 mos for TU and 3 mos for EQU, Does it sound about right?  btw your FICO's keep climbing, congrats, mine still in the 700's 5 1/2  years post discharged.  I got mortgages 6 1/2 years post discharged.

CO Quicksilver 16.5K; CO Venture 30K; Barclays SM 10.7K; Barclays AA 15K; Wally 3300; NFCU Cash 26.5K; Chase C$P 5K; AXP Delta Gold 10K; FNBO AMEX 6K;AU Citi Costco 8K. AU Macy's 7K; AU Macys AXP 2300

The 7 years is counted from your filed date, not discharged date.

Message 22 of 42
Scupra
Super Contributor

@panda11 wrote:

@Scupra

You nailed it! I had EQ remove a couple things at around 4-5 months but as always, YMMV. TU was always the easiest for me, almost like clockwork at 6 months early. Thank you, 740 is the highest I have gotten to. Good to see an oldtimer still around Smiley Happy

edit: our Chap 7's stay for 10 years Smiley Sad

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 23 of 42
panda11
Regular Contributor

@ Scupra, Thanks, I know about the CH7, I was referring to mortgages and CC's 7 years DOFD. I luv this website, I learned so much from it even now, free $$ such as FNBO AMEX' reward. Important things in life: myFICO, Wall Street and Slickdeals, not necessary in that order.

Message 24 of 42
Scupra
Super Contributor

@panda11 wrote:

@ Scupra, Thanks, I know about the CH7, I was referring to mortgages and CC's 7 years DOFD. I luv this website, I learned so much from it even now, free $$ such as FNBO AMEX' reward. Important things in life: myFICO, Wall Street and Slickdeals, not necessary in that order.

I would start trying a bit early Smiley Happy Worst they can say is no haha.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 25 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankruptcy was Removed From Credit Reports. Will it show elsewhere with credit check?

Can you refer me to the service that got your bk removed. I want mines off its dragging down my score!!

Message 26 of 42
OneBrokeMan
Valued Member

Re: Bankruptcy was Removed From Credit Reports. Will it show elsewhere with credit check?

The company I used was Lexington Law. I now have ZERO negative items on all three credit reports. My best FICO Score reached 798 (Trans Union).

Message 27 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just cancelled my service with them. They got a couple things removed but nothing worth the $500 I spent. I ended up cleaning my own credit. Only thing I havent even attempted to get off was BK and I'm pretty sure thats slowing me down from getting my scores over 700. My scores are now 620-670 on myfico. I'm stuck trying to figure out my next move. I dont like Lexington Law firm at all. They are designed to draw the process out as long as possible to collect the $100 a month when honestly they can dispute everything at once.

Message 28 of 42
OneBrokeMan
Valued Member

Did you utilize Lexlaw's "Case Valet" every time they uploaded a new credit report? I did not at first and things moved slower than I prefered. When I started using the Case Valet things started ropping off like flies.

Message 29 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OneBrokeMan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@OneBrokeMan wrote:

After two years, a Chapter 13 was removed from two credit reports via a paid service. After it is removed from the third report, albeit several years earlier than normal, will it turn up on credit checks when applying for loans or apartments from some additional source?

What was ther file date of your bankruptcy?

I'll share this. My BR was discharged less than 1.5 years ago. It only remains on one credit report (out of three) and is being addressed for me as I type this message. Numerous negative items have also been removed. Items I had no hope of being removed when I signed up to the service were removed. So I got more than I bargained for. 

When people and major corporations see certain letterhead, with a certain reputation, they tend to take you more seriously. Sort of like going to court with a Public Defender versus a law firm. Both attorneys may present the same evidence, but I gurantee they won't present it in the same way or with the same veracity.

If it was discharged approx 1.5 years ago as you stated, then with the 5 year payments, thats close to 7 years.  Not unheard of.  I too can do this in a few months when I am approximately 1.5 years discharged.  Your orig post made it sound like you had it off like years early, not months.

Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.