Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bankruptcy

I also filled bankruptcy in march 2002.. I really havent worked on my credit until the past 6 months.. I have stayed away from credit cards all but 1.. that has hurt me in some ways.. How many points will my score go up when it comes off? will it for sure come off?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bankruptcy

Welcome to the forums!

We've seen a lot of variation in how much FICO scores increase when BK's drop off - it has a lot to do with what is on your report and how much rebuilding you've done.

It looks like you're getting your ducks in a row.  Having that one credit card (especially if it's a bank/national CC) will definitely help your score.

You might want to pull at least one FICO here (ScoreWatch often has a free 10 day trial - just cancel before the 10 days to keep it free, or leave it open to track your FICO score rebuilding progress).  The report that comes with the FICO score here will tell you the things that are helping and hurting your FICO score and it comes with a simulator that helps you evaluate how different future actions will impact your FICO.

BK's seem to always come off as sheduled.   Not much of a problem for most folks. Smiley Wink  But check in with folks here if it's not off by April 2012.  My guess is you'll be fine and you may see it dropping off as early as February - hey that's next month!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.